Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

I bought some stock yesterday!

lavender_lass
12 years ago

No, not the paper kind...I spend too much money on gardening to afford that (LOL). This kind :)
{{gwi:653917}}From Lavender's Garden

Anyone else find a favorite plant? For some reason it's almost impossible to find stock in our area...unless you get it really early, at Fred Meyer.

Comments (8)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

I love stock! It smells so amazing. I haven't decided which annuals to use this year. I realized as much as I love petunias in my urns by the eNd of July they aren't so pretty. So I may try some geraniums with million bells .
    Do you use stock in pots or in your beds? Do they bloom all summer for you?

• beachgrub
    12 years ago

Omg gorgeous! I GOTTA get me summa those! ;)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Just flat-out gorgeous!! I could almost smell the fragrance just from that photo--nice shot! Haven't decided on annuals this year other than pansies. Gotta have those as soon as the soil in my big containers thaws and found some real beauties/unusual colors. Sorry, no pics!! I winter sowed CA poppy, lots of zinnia and some snapdragon seeds so buying annuals will depend on germination rates from those.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Now you've gone and done it, just when I had talked myself into not buying much this year. Guess what I'm going to be looking for :).

Annette

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

Color me green....with envy!
    lavender, I have looked for stock plants the last couple years. Couldn't find any around this area. Hoping I can find some this year. Our local garden center gets in different things every year, so maybe? Fingers crossed.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oops! I thought I put this wasn't my picture...it is pretty though :)

Mine are still just budding out, but they're usually white, pink, lavender, purple and sometimes magenta. They bloom as long as it's not really hot (like alyssum, here) so all spring/early summer...longer if they're in the shade...and then again, in late summer/fall.

Most of the time, I put stock and cosmos in the rose garden. But, stock is supposed to be a good companion plant with tomatoes and by the time the tomato plants get really big, the stock is usually not blooming...too sunny in the vegetable garden in late summer.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

I bought some :) I picked up 2 6-packs of mixed colors, I've got my fingers crossed most of them are double flowering.
    Somehow, don't ask me how a couple of fuchsias, a primula "Miss Indigo", 3 rhodochitons, some "Redbor" kale and a pot of Iberis found their way into my basket. Oh and also a few "Superstar" lobelias. I knew I should have stayed home LOL.

Annette

• Sandi_W
    12 years ago

I haven't found any stock around here yet, but it sure is pretty. Yall enjoy.

aftermidnight, Imagine that! LOL The same thing happened to me this morning. All I was going to buy was 1 little bale of pinestraw, but that's not all that was on my receipt. You got some pretties though.

Sponsored