Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Gazing Ball

Calamity_J
13 years ago

I made this gazing ball as a prize for the 'Best Suggestion Contest' at my Garden Tour, which is on April 30th!!! Any Heavy duty Garden Prayers I can say to help me get ready? I have been sick with bad bacterial/viral infections and on antibiotics and not allowed to go outside...so not much happening out there...not fast enough anyways, for what needs to be done. Oh well, back to the pep talk I give myself, 'At least they will feel better about their own yards!!!' ha! I did talk another couple of neighborhood gardeners into opening their gardens also, (20+yr old established..gorgeous gardens!!)and just hooking up with fellow gardeners is why I wanted to do this!!! Gonna get out there today so am happy about that! I am nervous but excited to meet people and see what suggestions they can offer for design of my yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:136913}}

Comments (5)

• loganlady
    13 years ago

That is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I want to make one. Good luck at your garden tour. Sounds like a wonderful time and you'll meet other gardeners as well. Buy some Bragg's apple cider vinegar and drink this mixture (3 x a day) to kill off bad bacteria...2 Tablespoons acv in 8 oz water with a little bit of honey or stevia for sweetness. It works.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Jane, your gazing ball is simply gorgeous, girl you are soooo very talented, someone is going to get a real gem. Take it easy, don't do too much to soon you don't want to have a relapse.
    I was hoping to say hi at garden club on wednesday but Frank said you weren't there. I hope to make it out to your open garden on the 30th. As far as gardens go mine looks like a disaster area, it's been too cold or too wet for me to do much. I'm just hoping it warms up enough for these old bones to get out and do the cleanup before things get out of hand.
    I'm hoping to make it out to your open garden on the 30th :).

Annette

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I made this cement ball out of an old light globe, filled with concrete(stuck a pc of rebar to poke into the ground)then smash the glass, and you have a globe that is durable for outdoors! I was still too sick to go to the mtg wed nite, but hope to be welcoming fellow gardeners at my place on the 30th!!! I like to joke around and say that I garden just to have green stuff around my garden art!lol! I just started a seed tray with sweet peas, hollyhocks,>and some icelantic poppy seeds that Frank gave me. I have only started seeds once before and it turned out a moldy mess, but am willing to try again! Looks like I have 9 dahlias that have survived me too!WhooHoo!

• luckygal
    13 years ago

That's very pretty Jane! I made one a few years ago but never got it grouted. Must get that done.

I use tea tree essential oil occasionally and especially if it feels like a virus is trying to take hold. I never get colds or flu and also never get flu vaccinations. No fun being sick - hope you are soon well.

Hope you will post pics of your garden when it's 'tour ready'.

Our spring seems to be slow coming altho the weather hasn't been bad, maybe just a little cooler than usual. I'd like some rain to get the plants growing.

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Love the ball as garden art. Wish I lived nearby so I could have a chance to win!