Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Who Orders From Annies?

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I received the Catalog last year but like an idiot didn't order there and instead ordered somewhere else that turned into a big dissapointment. This year I got the catalog again and this time I ordered.

I am trying some new annual vine called Scyphanthus elegans that has unusual yellow flowers.

Then I am FINIALLY going to have Delphiniums! I love the looks of them but never tried them here in my garden. The deal is one I found at Annies that sounds much easier to grow than the more common Pacific Giants. Called Delphinium elatum Royal Aspirations. I don't know if anyone else offers this type or not but I am buying here from now on.

Last but not least you know I love those Lupines. I found a stunner called Thomas Church which is yellow and blue bi-olor that looks wonderful to me.

So this is my first order from Annies but I know many of you have known about them for years!

Comments (6)

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Her stuff is wonderful!!Sign up for her emails,and you can then look thru her gardens,BEAUTIFUL.She doesn't hound you with email either,usually once a month,unless something special is going on at her gardens.She also likes garden art!!
    Kathi

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did sign up for the e-mails when I ordered. I don't mind garden news e-mails :-)) Her catalog has the most amazing looking plants and color combos.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I have not ordered via the mail, but I am hoping to one day fly out, visit my pals (including Edna) who live in that area, then pack up some boxes of fantastic plants and fly them home with me...one day!

• chickadee2_gw
    12 years ago

I had gotten my first catalog from her a month or so ago and didn't look at it because I had already placed a few orders from other catalogs. Last week I finally got around to looking at the catalog and loved her selection. I placed an order, but a lot of the plants I wanted were already sold out. I haven't received my order yet, but if things look good, I'll order from her first next year.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I guess I was lucky or ordered early enough that everything I wanted was in stock.

My order came today while I was outside planting something that came from another of my mail order orders.

I stopped and unpacked the box right away as I wanted to see the plants she sends. Very nice and very well packed. She takes each out of the grown in pots, puts it in a plasic baggie that fits them perfectly and puts them back in the plastic pots to ship.

I am leaving them like that for now and will take each out of its baggy as I plant. I would like to get them planted today but have to finish up planting my orders that came in yesterday first.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So all my plants from Annies are planted. I really am very pleased. They are big enough not to be too tiny as some mail order plants are. Yet they are small enough to be very easily planted. I bet they settle in and grow really quickly.

Its cool today and the wind is blowing. This morning it was cloudy but this afternoon at least the sun was shining. But cold outside for this time of May :-((

Sponsored