Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early spring pictures (lots of pics)

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 10, 11 at 12:39

Nothing blooming, yet, but here's a few pictures of the garden and the view, from the garden...

This is from inside the house, but it shows most of the kitchen garden...and the horses :)

Here's the arbor, with some herbs from last winter...they should look a little better, in a few weeks

Here's a view out the back of the garden. The creek is still up a bit, but not like a month ago!

And, finally a few pictures of Spidey! I've mentioned him in a few posts, but this is the top of a little pergola, my mom got on clearance. The welds were in bad shape, so she kept the long pieces and used them as trellis, to grow vines up her deck. This is the top, which I'll paint black, as soon as it warms up. This is for my nephew's garden...picture beans and peas (maybe some climbing nasturtiums) on the 'legs' and a watermelon planted in between each one. It's different, but he's going to love it! LOL

Here's Spidey...

And here's Spidey, with Chance and Cordell (l-r) in the pasture, with Lucky in the back. The boys (Chance and Lucky) get bigger evey year! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Also

I meant to add...in the top pictuere, that's our girl, second horse from the left! Mandy is ALL better, after her upset stomach, a few months ago...thanks to everyone, who sent her good thoughts and best wishes! :)

o
RE: Early spring pictures (lots of pics)

Does anyone else want to add some pictures? It sounds like I'm not the only one having a late spring :)

o

Ok, I get what spidey is now!! Very neat and creative! Don't you love finding new ways to use things in the garden??! It will be a lot of fun for him getting to plant things around Spidey ;-) Plus I could see having a big Halloween party around it with fake cobwebs, bales of hay, and pumpkins for your nephews and nieces!

Glad to hear Mandy is doing well again- and back playing with her boys!
CMK

o

lass - Beautiful photos. What a gorgeous view. I'd love to sit in your swing with nice cup of tea and admire the view. Why not post pics again when everything is in bloom? I would love to see it. Thank you for sharing.

o

Oh ll your garden is so dreamy even tho it still looks chilly! I really like your spidey idea! Very cute. And those horses are so beautiful!

I just returned from Myrtle beach for a vaca and I have 2 pics from brook green gardens that might inspire you or others that like to garden with kiddos! I thought they'd be so fun!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And she's really cute isn't she?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here