Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New toy!

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 13:24

I'm on a spending spree. First a new garden chair, and now this Overland electric cart (the bigger one on the left in the photo). I've been looking at one for a couple years and finally grabbed my coat this morning and drove to the dealer determined to get it. It's at my house now, plugged in, charged and ready to go - as soon as we get nice weather again. It was 31 this morning, damp and chilly.

My birthday present to myself:

photo scan0017.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New toy!

Nice b'day gift to self.Happy Birthday when ever it is.Enjoy your new toys.
kathi

o

Yay! You deserve it!! Happy Birthday, and many joyous moments of playing in a dirt, Schoolhouse!

o

Thanks. I decided to get the bigger one as it will be easier to fill and retrieve items out of. I guess it's basically just more shallow than the deeper smaller one, because they were the same price.
I was anxious to get outside this morning and try the cart out for the first time, but it's still on the chilly, damp side.

My birthday is May 2nd. I can't believe I'll be 61. ugh.

o

Schoolhouse - great toy. And don't think of it as 61 - think it as a tremendous adventure that is continuing!!

Nancy - who also turns 61 this year!! ;-)

o

Age is just a number,as with wine and cheese I choose to think I get better with it!! I just turned 76 last month and sooooooooo grateful that I can still play in the dirt!! LOL.
Kathi

o

Kathi - I hope I go till I fall over!!

Nancy.

o

Oh it's good to have kindred spirits - I hope I'm still going in 16yrs.

I used the new cart today after all. Works great but had to get used to the "flip button to this side to go forward", "flip button to other side to go backwards", then twist handle. I learned how to maneuver it eventually, but I think it would be much better if forward and reverse were on the accelerator and you just twisted it one way then the other. Love that you can pull a lever to raise it up to dump. I hauled a pile of nice sized logs with ease. Now if only I had an electric rake - lol.

My Mom stopped by while I was working, when she was ready to leave I told her to jump in and I'd take her back up to the driveway. I don't know why she politely declined, she'll only be 85 next month. :)

o

What a great new toy! I didn't realize it had a lever for dumping. I'm sure you'll get lots and lots of use from it.

Happy Birthday! I'm May 2nd too! I hope your birthday will include lots of time in the garden!

o

Love your new toy, you can get down to some serious truckin' with that baby.

I'm with you Kathy, I turned 76 last september and as long as I can get out there and play in the dirt I'm one happy camper.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here