Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

My heirloom Daffodil

This daffodil was growing in my garden when we moved here in 1965, there were sprinklings of it around the neighborhood in several yards but they have disappeared. I've never know which one it might be until yesterday, I took a picture and posted on the Name That Plant Forum. Not much time lapsed before I was given a link where I might match it up with one of the old timers. Bingo, I think it might be "Argent" apparently quite rare. Can anyone here confirm this?

{{gwi:194952}}

{{gwi:194954}}

Although it probably wouldn't win any prizes on the show bench today I love it, it even has a faint sweet scent. My little clump is thriving right beside where DH stacks the firewood, sometimes it ends up under it if I don't get out and stand guard. I've tried transplanting it to different locations but after a couple years it peters out so best to leave it where it's happiest.

There's another oldie on a bank close to us, this one is a double maybe 'Butter and Eggs'. The property where this one is growing was appropriated to cut a road through to the highway. I think I should rescue at least one :).

Annette

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting