Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Everything is Blooming so Early.

organic_kitten
12 years ago

Everything is blooming so fast this year. I have iris bloom spikes that are opening now, but a lot of daylilies already have scapes. The tulips and daffs are long gone. Summer plants like salvia and honeysuckle are blooming.

And the roses are really pretty. I suspect the dastardly JBs will be here to attack the roses soon.

Hybrid Teas:

{{gwi:658449}}

Tequila sunrise:

{{gwi:658450}}

Jean Nate:

{{gwi:658451}}

Sheila's Perfume:

{{gwi:658453}}

Yellow KnockOut:

{{gwi:658454}}

iris:

{{gwi:658455}}

English rose - William Shakespear: (Band aid is to cover blister from weeding)

{{gwi:658456}}

Old Garden Roses:

{{gwi:249225}}

Moss Rose Quatre Saisons Blanc Mosseaux - had to try it...like the odd appearance and the scent is to die for!

{{gwi:249226}}

Clematis Huldine in tree:

{{gwi:658457}}

New Section of Rose Garden:

{{gwi:249224}}

Amaryllis Neon - that is clematis Rooguchi in back of it:

{{gwi:658458}}

And Japanese Iris are blooming and Calla Lilies, and...

kay

Comments (9)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Beautiful shots of your oh so beautiful garden. Spring is just the best time of year with all the glorious bloom. I love the roses.

• Sandi_W
    12 years ago

Kay, everything is so very pretty. So many pretty blooms!

• Annie
    12 years ago

Hi Kay!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden with us.

I love all your flowers and garden designs.
    That William Shakespeare is a gorgeous rose!
    Love them all. Beautiful roses.
    That Amaryllis Neon is beyond beautiful - how lovely.

I really like the two greens color combo on the out building and rose garden fence, and etc. It really sets off the whole garden. Beautiful!

Spring is my favorite time of the year. It is when my garden is at its best. I love colorful and fragrant flowers and Spring delivers those en mass.

My roses have never look as good as they do this year. They are all lush, healthy and loaded with buds. A few are now blooming. Some of my irises are in bloom. Soon the garden will be in its glory.

I will be back to look at your photos again and again. Just lovely.

~Annie

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I almost ordered a William Shakespeare rose but I'm not so lucky with roses and feared I'd get heartbroken. I'm wondering if I should have planted Yellow Knock-Out instead of the Charlotte yellow rose from David Austin.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

Love the pics, especially the one of your bed by the shed! I love how all of your metal is matching green. I spray all mine a gold color and I enjoy the uniform look. Everything in your garden is so pretty!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Thanks Rita, you know I have been whining about all of the weeding., and you know me very well.

Sandi, I am just afraid it will be over too soon. Suppose it should just be enjoyed.

Annie, you with the beautiful garden and several green thumbs and fingers...thank you so much. My mother loved green, and I never thought it would be a color I would care for, but you see what I do. I used the same green for all metals, and the other, close green for all wood in the garden. My rose garden is a baby, but growing up. William Shakespeare has an awful lot of blooms that will open very soon. It is exciting. As much as I enjoy your lovely pictures, I hope you have had fun with a few of mine.

Schoolhouse, the William Shakespeare is an easy rose to grow if you realize it will be a couple of years before it will do much...you know, like any other perennial. I love Austins and have 6 of them. Abraham Darby bloomed all summer last year, but he likes his drink of water.

I would not have planted a knock out rose in my OGR garden, but I felt I had to since my neighbor bought it for me and brought it to me when I was planting roses It blooms wondrously, but has little fragrance. I want my roses to smell like roses. But my neighbor is a sweetheart.

I actually planted too many roses too close together and am going to have to try to move at least 3 of them.

Lilyfinch, having all the "bones" in the garden to match is a look I enjoy too. I suppose Lowe's thinks that green is a popular paint color...but not necessarily so; I just buy a lot of it. And when I get a break, I will be touching up the rebar I use for water hose guides...It has been 4 years, so it is time.

kay

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

The moss rose is so neat!
    Your garden must be heaven at this time of year.
    Renee

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

I also was really fascinated my the moss rose and it's going on my "look up more info " list. I also really like the clematis weaving through the tree. I need to try more of that stuff! (Then again, I don't own a tree lol)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good grief, thank you Renee. You have such a gorgeous garden. Mine is coming along, but has a long way to go...and it has been more like work...the weeds are awful. they too are growing like...what else, weeds. But I do thank you for such nice sentiments. I do love the garden.

CTC...the moss rose has such a delightful fragrance too. I really like it. And Huldine just likes to climb, so she's a happy clematis. I think you might have a problem training one up a non-existent tree even if it liked to climb:).
    kay