Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Serendipity or what?

I'm posting this now because some of you already have tulips blooming or they've finished, mine have yet to bloom.

Totally by accident I think I've found a way to fertilize these bulbs naturally, some of you might remember the picture I posted of this tulip I had growing in a half barrel last year.

{{gwi:658872}}

I was running around looking for places to grow more beans :), I set up a tripod of bamboo canes in the half barrel these tulips were planted thinking they probably would either end up with fire blight or if not they wouldn't be as good the next year so I might as well utilize the space.

{{gwi:658874}}

I wish the first picture showed more of the half barrel just so you could see the difference. I ran out and took this pic a few minutes ago, not only is the foliage very lush I can count 15 flower buds so far, last year there were only 10.

So I guess the beans fixed the nitrogen in the soil which fed the tulips :). It might be worth experimenting with, no need for any other fertilizer it seems. I love these happy accidents :).

Annette

Comments (6)

Sponsored