Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

My humble spring garden

I dont have a huge front yard, but this fall i tried to make the most of it! I will confess, the tulips in the walkway were supposed to be appleblossom mix of pinks and white. Not yellow! Ill survive tho! :)

{{gwi:659029}}

{{gwi:644165}}

{{gwi:659032}}

{{gwi:659034}}

{{gwi:644163}}

{{gwi:659036}}

Thanks for looking! I hope my neighbors will catch the gardening bug too.

Comments (23)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

The tulips are beautiful! It looks like spring at your hopuse.

(I love your duck).
    kay

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Humble? Heavenly. Every time I see tulips like that I wish I would have planted more last Fall. Are the orange tulips, "Daydream"?

I know how disappointing it is to expect a special mix of colors and get some ringers.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

I think it's beautiful! I'm not a fan of yellow, but the yellow in your garden makes the whole thing pop.

Question, once the flowers die off for the summer, do you plant other flowers on top and it won't hurt the bulbs?

I've never grown bulbs because I don't know how. lol

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

All the gardens lok nice and I love the tulips. They do look lovely framing your walkway even if they aren't the expected color.

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

Not at all humble. It's bigger than my entire garden! Great tulips. I like the yellow.

• User
    13 years ago

Humble, I don't THINK so ! Really charming and sweet home and your flower choices enhance it beautifully. I love the yellow...very cheery. Look forward to your Summer blooms. c

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Lilyfinch- It's beautiful! :)

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting such great Eye Candy!

• natalie4b
    13 years ago

Your spring garden is absolutely delightful! Tulips are beautiful, and a little angel is darling. Thank you for posting photos - enjoy spring!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Such happy looking blooms. Really like the little cherub that looks like its blowing a kiss. Do I see a four legged family member behind the fence or am I seeing things?? lol!! If so would love to see his/her pic too. Luv the animals too!! Judy

• Cher
    13 years ago

The whole area looks really pretty. You did a nice job of mixing up the different early bloomers.
    Cher

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all sooo much! It was so nice to come home from work to your wonderful comments.

Schoolhouse, they are apricot beauty. I ordered and planted them almost7 years ago! I can't believe they come back every year. I love them.

Oakleyok, I usually let my tulips get buried by foliage of other plants. This is the first year I planted so many bulbs tho. Honestly I'll be yanking the yellow tulips when they are done and next year ordering from a place so I can get what colors I really like.
    I have to say I was very excited the daffodils held up till the tulips started!

Pretty petals, I have 2 dogs that love to help garden.
    Unfortunately I just switched my pics to my iPad and I can't figure out how to rotate pics so here's the sweetest pic I have of them. The pug is named Oliver and he's 7. The bulldog is named diesel and he is almost 2.

{{gwi:659038}}

He grew into a 70 pound sack of potaoes lap dog! This is him on top of the rocks around our pond. I was laughing so hard because my dh dosnt like the dogs around pond since they knock rocks into water and he has to fish them out. But diesel loves to watch the fish and drink pond water so nothing keeps him out!

{{gwi:659040}}

{{gwi:659042}}

We love them so much. Bulldogs are full of so much love it's ridiculous.my pug is lovey too but in his own " love u when I wanna " way. They are awesome tho!

• freezengirl
    13 years ago

What a lovely cheerful yard you have! Loved the pictures of your pooches too.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

The bulbs are just lovely...and I love that photo of your dog looking into the pond! How cute!

Happy Spring!!!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Awww...lilyfinch your garden garden is adorable! Your house is lovely too; I really like the way you flanked the pathway with the tulips. Makes such a bold entry!

Super cute pups too ;-) Thanks for sharing
    CMK

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I had a bully, her name was Betty Boop! I love pugs too! Got any pics of your pond?

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

I really like the mix of bulbs and the pops of blue you have in there is really nice.

Your dogs are adorable. Those pictures of Deisel are awesome. There is no way you can't smile when you see those!

• lavendrfem
    13 years ago

What a welcoming entry! Just beautiful - I just love the duck and the doggies!

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

I think the orange ones are actually really charming with your fountain, they look like they're glowing. :)

• lesmc
    13 years ago

You have a beautiful garden! I just love the picture of your bulldog by the pond! What a sweetheart....You have done a wonderful job. Lesley

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Diesel and Oliver are just precious. I love the shot of Diesal with his mouth resting on the stone glaring into the pond. So funny! Our sweet pets just make our lives so much better. Their personalities are so funny and unique. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful home and blooms. Thanks for sharing, Judy

• hurlee
    13 years ago

adorable and welcoming! I love your walkway of tulips! I am only 2 hours from you and my son goes to PITT. :)

jody

• HerbLady49
    13 years ago

Looks like you have the best of both worlds. A lovely home and garden, and two of cutest little garden buddies.

Sponsored