Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sedum in old solar light

Posted by jennypat Zone 3b NW MN (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 15:01

I saw a picture sometime in the last month in a magazine, of some sedum varieties planted in an old solar light fixture. NOW that I want to look at it again, I can't find it! I know I have the magazine here someplace, but am not sure which one. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I have an antique plant stand that has 11 arms on it, I usually put clay pots of geraniums and such on it. But it is a pain to keep watered. It hit me last night that I could do some of the clay bases, filled with varieties of succulents on it this year. But I wanted to look at that picture again!

thanks
Jenny P

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sedum in old solar light

possibly garden design magazine? I recall they did an issue on cacti and sedums in their previous issue but I don't recall seeing an old solar light fixture.

o

Nope, not that one.....the only ones I have here are Garden Gate, and Northern Gardening. I have looked through both of them, and can't find it! I am almost positive it was in one of them, but maybe my brain is playing tricks and it was an on-line image.

Sigh.....

o

Fine Gardening magazine then? They often have contests on best and unusual container gardening.

o

Jenny, I'm not sure if this is the one or not. This winter as a project I actually went through tons of my old (and some new) garden magazines and took pictures of the pictures I liked and put them in albums in Picasa. I took this one because it looked like such a great idea! Looks like it might be from Garden Gate but I have no idea what issue.

o

Yep that's the one! Now I have to look through garden gate again, 3rd time round!

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here