Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We found a new arbor!

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 15:27

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful spring :)

Mom and I went shopping yesterday and had the best time looking at plants (and buying a few) when we found a lovely arbor! It's vintage green metal and it's perfect for our new garden.

I'll have to take a picture, but it's in three pieces right now...so we could get it home. It was the display for the garden section, but somehow the manufacturer had missed two holes when they were building it. So, I have to do a bit of modification...no big problem.

The best part is...we got it for $99 due to the little mishap (which I pointed out to them, the store hadn't even noticed) and similar arches I've seen in the past have been as much as $350 :)

So excited to get started on the garden with mom! She's going to be moving in with us this fall...but we start the garden this spring!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We found a new arbor!

What a joy to have your mom working and playing with you in the garden!!! My daughters live in Salem (OR) and Seattle
but they get together and send me little "show and tells" about plants that started their lives in my garden in Richmond, IN.

However, in a year like this their seasons are really ahead of mine. I'm very lucky to have a sister, sister-in-law, 2 daughters, a daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters and a brother who are active gardeners. Scattered from NC and KY through IN and then to the West coast.

Good luck on that mother-daughter garden!

o
RE: We found a new arbor!

What an exciting find LL! I can't wait to see pics. Do you have plans for what plants you'll grow on it ? Roses , honeysuckle , morning glories ? There are so many great possibilities !
How I wish I could garden with my mom again '! We used to go to different nurseries and dream together . Now I call her when I'm at a nursery and to torture her because we are a good 5/6 weeks ahead in the spring ! :) have fun with your mom !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here