Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
widdringtonia

Garden happiness

widdringtonia
10 years ago

This is my third spring/summer in our new house. We moved in in May 2012. The garden shows signs of having been well loved many years ago, but greatly neglected in more recent years.

The first years we were here, this area was completely bare. Prior to us moving in, the realtor just had someone come in and mow things down to keep the lawn respectable. Last spring, without a lawnmower on the loose, two rose bushes appears and lots and lots of irises and some arum lilies. But just one arum lily bloomed. I got in and removed the grass, defined the garden beds (still a work in progress, we're getting there) and hoped something might come of it.

And this year, I've got four tall bearded irises with blooms on them!!! I am delighted. There are still many more that aren't showing any signs of flowering, but I'm happy to get whatever comes up.

{{gwi:662743}}

{{gwi:662744}}

Thanks! I just had to share with other gardeners who I know would get my geeky garden delight. My husband just stares at me blankly and says "That's nice, dear" when I try to express my joy. (It's okay, he puts up with me gardening rather than housekeeping, and insane plant purchases, it's just that he doesn't get it.)

This post was edited by widdringtonia on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 20:21

Comments (8)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company