Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
first plant purchase of season

Posted by newbiehavinfun 7a - Southern NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 18:36

Okay, technically not my FIRST, because I pre-ordered tomato and pepper plants months ago, but I'm talking flowers here. I'm practically giddy in anticipation of receiving my first batch. I took advantage of Graceful Gardens' 20% off sale if you buy three trays and got lots of obedient plant, coneflower, foxglove and salvia. Then I ordered the Top 20 hosta collection from G.H. Wild, as well as three daylillies: Joan Senior, Siloam Double Classic and Variety is the Spice.

Last weekend we put down a couple yards of mushroom soil; hopefully that will be cooled down enough and mixed in enough by this weekend. I want to transplant some shrubs and move some daffodils out of the middle of the lawn before the first mow of the season.

Happy Spring!

~ Megan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: first plant purchase of season

Not my first, but most unusual. Actually my sister bought it.

Photobucket
Some treatment not dyed, but next time the bloom will be white. If it blooms.

o

That is a very easy orchid to grow, and with your green thumb, it should so well.

kay

o

Newbie, Joan senior is one of my favorite day lilies! I know it's an older variety but blooms for a long time and I love the size and creaminess of the blooms! I have divided mine and scattered it everywhere, it's so pretty.
Ive never heard of graceful gardens, I'll have to look at their site!
What a stunning orchid! Orchids are so pretty but I've never tried growing them.

My first plant purchase was 2 new dawns climbng roses for the front of my house. They were on clearance from last season . I haven't bought anything else besides violas to plant by my tulips. But today I'm off so I'm sure my car will drive itself to a nursery!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here