Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandi_w_gw

Knock Out Rose & Angel Trumpet

Sandi_W
11 years ago

I bought my 1st Knock Out rose today. It's a medium pale pink and had two blooms. Also my 1st angel trumpet. It's white. No names so they were cheap. I haven't grown roses in years. Amazing that two little plants could excite me so much. ;>)

Comments (4)

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Those are two very nice little plants, though. I love the Angel Trumpets. I have white, yellow, and peach, but the white is my favorite color.
    Renee

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

But you will be getting a lot of blooms from them for years. And the potential is as exciting as the actual with plants.
    kay

• Sandi_W
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I live in a very small town with no nursery. The local grocery put out some flats of annuals last week. Nothing special. The next little town over doesn't even have a grocery, but they have a nice small nursery with a decent little selection. The only problem there is that they don't label their plants correctly. Their brugs are labeled "Angel Trumpet" (pink, white or yellow). Hollyhocks were simply "purple". But their prices are really low, especially considering there's not another nursery for 10 miles and they are HIGH. I think I must go back and buy a yellow and buy a yellow and pink brug.

• happyintexas
    11 years ago

I have a red Knockout that I enjoy a lot. Just remember they do want to be big. Either give them some room to grow or commit to whacking them back each year. :0)

My red KO is six feet high and about that wide...and in full bloom right now. Very striking!