Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Roses are blooming

hosenemesis
11 years ago

Today it was overcast and the roses perked up after a 90 degree weekend. This is Marmalade Skies, Julia Child, and Climbing Pinkie today. It was so pleasant to have a nice cool day!

Comments (18)

• Sandi_W
    11 years ago

Oh my, Beautiful! I have 1 rosebush and it has one tiny bloom. I'm so jealous. ;>)

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Very Nice!

I loved the fog yesterday but today it drizzled when I did not expect it-that made it much more muddy to work in the garden.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

Lovely! I love all roses.
    We have had our first flush and the thrips have arrived.

The last few days have been weird. Our high yesterday was 57. This is South Central Texas.

• User
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms,..i am envious of your roses as i only have small buds at present,..beautiful picture.

Philip

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Gosh that's beautiful. sigh.

• Annie
    11 years ago

Girlfriend,
    You are amazing!!!
    How do you do that???
    That is a site to behold. Beautiful colour combinations and garden design.
    Wowzers!

Definitely putting Marmalade Skies and Julia Child on my list. I'm rooting some cuttings of Climbing Pinkie. Of course mine will never look as gorgeous as yours.

• CottageCurlyZ
    11 years ago

Wow, that is beautiful!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Climbing Pinkie is a monster- get ready for some serious bloomage, Annie.

• Annie
    10 years ago

Ha Ha Ha,

Then I'll have two monsters - white and pink monster roses.

Plantmaven sent me a little cutting of her Gardenia rose many years ago. It just sat there for a long time, but after a few years, it went bonkers and now it is growing in several places, taking root all by itself and climbing over into other climbing roses trellises 15 feet away, without even so much as a fine howdy do. Talk about a monster rose. Holy Cow!

Last year I transplanted a cane that had rooted by itself on the ground in the rose garden, over underneath one of my pines to let it grow up into the tree, thinking how pretty that would be every spring. Well, Gardenia Rose must like acid soil and shade because she has gone absolutely nuts and has exceeded her growing space by about ten fold. Most of her canes worked their way to the ground, where they are now rooting without any help from me. Good grief...sneaky thing! Kathy warned me. Yes she did. I just had no idea!!! What a monster!

If climbing Pinkie is anything like Gardenia, my whole garden may disappear under a thorny mass of entangled canes like the castle in Sleeping Beauty. I'll just wake up one morning and have to start chopping my way out!

Thanks for the heads up about climbing Pinkie, hosenemesis.
    I better get my loppers sharpened and ready.
    ~Annie

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Gorgeous as always, Renee. California must be next to the Garden of Eden for flowers.
    kay

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Beautiful as usual Renee.
    I got a very beautiful yellow rose about 2 weeks ago at of all the places to find it,it was at the (( cent store.Very beautiful,healthy.

{{gwi:537580}}

This is a little blurry.

{{gwi:666201}}

DH got this one for me.
    {{gwi:666205}}

and this one as well
    {{gwi:666208}}

This isn't a rose,just thought i'd share it though.This is across the street from me.That geranium just went wild.
    {{gwi:666211}}

Enjoy.
    Kathi

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kathi, that last photo is really beautiful. What a cascade of color.

• User
    10 years ago

Hi Kathi,..love that yellow rose,..and the second big pink rose,..i have a rose similar to your third but it has no name.

Awesome display of blooms from that Geranium,..i could do with that one.

Philip

• saponaria
    10 years ago

Wow, hosenemesis. Your roses are absolutely gorgeous!

• Annie
    10 years ago

I love trailing Geraniums. That is a perfect example of why, too. Gorgeous!

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

I got a piece of that red geranium a couple months ago,and I have one of those cactus in the corner of my backyard,and am thinking of doing the same thing. I love the way it looks,and it sure would brighten up that corner a whole lot,and right next to my cactus is my yellow plum tree,what a show of color that will be in time to come.

Annie I too love trailing geraniums,in fact I love most geraniums,and am always trading and swapping with friends and neighbors.
    Kathi

• Annie
    10 years ago

I love trailing Geraniums. That is a perfect example of why, too. Gorgeous!

• Annie
    10 years ago

I don't know why my comment about the trailing Geranium got posted three times, but I swear! I didn't do it! :)

This post was edited by sweetannie4u on Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 0:43

Sponsored