Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Gotta post a couple of pictures...Early spring

organic_kitten
12 years ago

Everything is blooming so early here...the tulips and daffs are done. The azaleas almost finished.. the roses and clematis are budding out. The fringe tree is full bloom...

Roses:

Louie Phillipe and I need to look up the name of the other one:

{{gwi:666648}}

Lilac Dawn:

{{gwi:666651}}

Fringe Tree:

{{gwi:666654}}

Clematis H F Young:

{{gwi:666657}}

Josephine:

{{gwi:666660}}

Snowballs and azaleas:

{{gwi:666663}}

Isn't spring grand!

kay

Comments (16)

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Yep, Spring is grand; here in Texas we're scrambling to get everything done before the heat hits. It was around 90 today, but hope to get some cooler days ahead.

I really liked your picture of your Fringe Tree, I have a baby, bought it for half price in July (not the best time to be planting in Texas for sure), and it lived! My DH keeps asking me how tall it will get and I tell him 8-10 feet, right! :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Uh Huh, at the very least! I am planning to shovel prune the other one. It is outgrowing the space and crowding the roses, and aggressive pruning hasn't slowed it...and it doesn't bloom as well as the small one.

Yes, trying to beat the heat is the name of the game...we were near 90 today, and I had a fan blowing on me while I worked and that really helps. But Spring is nice. Good luck with DH as your trr grows.
    kay

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

My favorite time of the year,plus all the great pictures.
    I have never seen a fringe tree before. Thanks for posting.

Kathy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kathy. Here is a close-up of the fringe. And it has a sweet fragrance too.

{{gwi:666667}}

kay

• aimeekitty
    12 years ago

wow those clematis and snowball are stunning!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! That pink clematis steals my heart, and the snowball bush is wonderful. I tried one here, but it couldn't take the heat. Thank you for posting a photo of yours.

You're ahead of us by a bit- my clematis and fringe trees are just starting.
    Renee

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Very nice pictures, especially your framing of the snowball and azalea. Fringe trees are wonderful when they do well.

• Sandi_W
    12 years ago

Kay, you have so many lovely blooms. And I love the fringe tree.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Very pretty photos. Esp. like the fringe tree,too.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Beautiful photos. My fringe tree hasn't even budded yet! It is always the last to arrive up here even when spring decides to come early. Your clematis are gorgeous. Do you have the pink one climbing up into a tree? Or is that some sort of twig support?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks you all so much for looking and commenting. Thymetodig, It is in the tree, but settles on the branch. Huldine, planted at the sme time in the other tree, proceeded to climb up into the branches.

kay

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    12 years ago

that fringe tree photo helps me remember the one i had to leave behind in n.c. it was only 4 years old and in it's glory when we moved away to ca. it never leafed out until mid-june so i made sure to tell the new owners to just wait, it isn't dead, and it will be well worth the wait. i sure hope they did. i'm glad yours is thriving along with the rest of your beautiful gardens. min

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Just lovely thanks for sharing, it's still pretty blah here but at least we had a couple of hours of sunshine today, things are looking up.

Annette

• silverkelt
    12 years ago

Very nice! after the initial warm up , its been very cold here, my daffs are still sitting there!

Your roses and azaleas look great, I really wish I could grow a wider variety of azaleas here, there is only a small amount I can.

• Annie
    12 years ago

'Lilac Dawn' is breathtakingly beautiful. Where can I get one?
    Love it, Love it, Love it!

~Annie

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, Annie, I just saw your message. I got Lilac Dawn from Vintage Roses as a band. They are the only ones I personally know of that have it. It is a floribunda and it really does bloom all spring, summer, and fall here. One of my absolute favorites...and it has a sweet fragrance.

kay

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals