Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another new bloom on the daylily seedings

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 22:19

This is the third kind of bloom I've got, Annettte.
Isn't it beautiful?

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another new bloom on the daylily seedings

Beautiful! You are making me excited to see all the daylilies I bought last year! I bought 15 kinds/colors, but they are a mystery , so it will be fun to discover!

o
And another new one...

.. for the seed donor, if you are around, Annette.

Thanks a bunch, my friend across the pond.

Xuan

o

Hi Xuan, somehow I missed this thread, very pretty. We are having a horrible spring, the coldest in recorded history :(. The daylilies are growing by leaps and bounds, keeping my fingers crossed they bloom and set seed, so I can send you more. I have a really pretty deep red, Ed Murray, if it blooms I'll try pollinating it back on itself. Maybe you'll get a nice red out of it.

Annette

o

Annette, do you ever start any from seeds to see what comes up? Or is this the first batch that you gave Xuan that you played around with? This is all so very interesting.

o

Thyme, I've started tuberous begonias, fuchsias, lilies and lots of other things from seed but never daylilies. This was the first time I actually collected seed from my daylilies. At this stage of the game I just buy what I want. Last year I collected cardiocrinum seed from one of the ones bloomed to send to several people, that one takes 7 years from seed.

Annette

o

Annette, you bet I'm thrilled when each new bloom appears on the seedlings.

I still have one more to look forward to. After this season, I will move these plants to another spot in my garden for more blooms next season.

I'd appreciate any seeds from you.

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here