Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tour of my garden

Posted by Cenepk10 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 23:20

One little corner with mums, iris, phlox, sedum, geraniums, tropicana rose, lupines ( just about 3" ) horsetail, asiatic lilies, snapdragons ....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tour of my garden

Dooryard

o

Wandering on

o

Closer up

o

More

o

Promise of peonies !

o

Lily bed

o

Blue false indigo, my precious spiderworts !

o

Coming up

o

Porch

o

Compost turned to garden ?

o

This is a future "tunnel " I'm growing from hydrangeas... Supposed to only take 5 years

o

My new shade bed I'm working on

o

Not much to see here yet- bit it's coming up !

o

Ladies mantle, variegated hydrangeas, mountain bluets, salvias, hostas

o

My little herb bed

o

Golden showers

o

Do this by myself - no DH - so it's slow & go- but have ventured out into the yard as well- will post those when the trees open up

o

Future cutting bed with poppy & zinnia seedlings

o

Thank you for sharing your lovely garden ! It is very satisfying to see your hard work come to life , isn't it ??
Do you have a love for spiderwort ? I had some before and they grew like crazy . One day I wore white capris in my beds just gathering flowers and the blue flowers of the spiderworts rubbed off on my capris ! It wasn't something I expected ! Lol
In 5 years I'm looking forward to seeing your hydrangea tunnel ! What hydrangeas did you use ? It may be sooner than that ! :)

o

It looks lovely, and I too would love to see the hydrangea tunnel as it develops. What was your inspiration?

The only thing is all the pictures posted sideways. If you upload to a host like Photobucket and use the html code, that should be fixed.

o

Thanks for the photobucket advice. Looks good to me on a Mac. Sorry. The hydrangeas I used were Semmes Beauty Oak leaf hydrangea & my inspiration was from the Dec 2012 issue of Fine Gardening ! Thanks !

o

I found the article! :) Thank you, Cenepk. Now I want an hydrangea tunnel too. I have one oakleaf that I planted last spring. I wonder if I can take some cuttings and get this started for next spring. Hmmmmm.....

The pictures show up correctly on your computer because when you downloaded them off your phone, your computer automatically corrected the orientation. But my computer, also a Mac, isn't speaking to your phone so doesn't have the pictures orientated correctly. It's a case of technology getting ahead of itself. And using the image hosting codes will allow you to put multiple pictures into a single post (if you want).

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrangea tunnel

o

Thanks, widdringtonia !!! Love the link so everyone can see.

o

You have a lovely collection of plants, I see you also have Lady's Mantle, I love this plant and have a LOT myself but it you don't want it all over the place don't let it go to seed deadhead the spent flowers or you'll have them popping up everywhere, ask me how I know this :(.

Annette

o

Ladies mantle ! Yes ! I hope it goes EVERYWHERE !!!! Better than stinking dandelion !!!

o

Love the color of the rose in your first pic! So pretty!

It's obvious you have done a lot of work all by yourself! So many pretty plants that will be even prettier as they mature. Hope you will update us on how your garden grows.

o

Lovely! Quick tip: take all of your photos in landscape mode with the bottom of your phone to your right and you will never have orientation issues.

Carol in Jacksonville

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here