Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cenepk10

Tour of my garden

cenepk10
9 years ago

One little corner with mums, iris, phlox, sedum, geraniums, tropicana rose, lupines ( just about 3" ) horsetail, asiatic lilies, snapdragons ....

Comments (27)

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dooryard

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wandering on

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Closer up

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Promise of peonies !

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lily bed

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blue false indigo, my precious spiderworts !

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Coming up

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Porch

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Compost turned to garden ?

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is a future "tunnel " I'm growing from hydrangeas... Supposed to only take 5 years

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My new shade bed I'm working on

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not much to see here yet- bit it's coming up !

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ladies mantle, variegated hydrangeas, mountain bluets, salvias, hostas

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My little herb bed

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Golden showers

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Do this by myself - no DH - so it's slow & go- but have ventured out into the yard as well- will post those when the trees open up

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Future cutting bed with poppy & zinnia seedlings

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Thank you for sharing your lovely garden ! It is very satisfying to see your hard work come to life , isn't it ??
    Do you have a love for spiderwort ? I had some before and they grew like crazy . One day I wore white capris in my beds just gathering flowers and the blue flowers of the spiderworts rubbed off on my capris ! It wasn't something I expected ! Lol
    In 5 years I'm looking forward to seeing your hydrangea tunnel ! What hydrangeas did you use ? It may be sooner than that ! :)

• widdringtonia
    9 years ago

It looks lovely, and I too would love to see the hydrangea tunnel as it develops. What was your inspiration?

The only thing is all the pictures posted sideways. If you upload to a host like Photobucket and use the html code, that should be fixed.

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the photobucket advice. Looks good to me on a Mac. Sorry. The hydrangeas I used were Semmes Beauty Oak leaf hydrangea & my inspiration was from the Dec 2012 issue of Fine Gardening ! Thanks !

• widdringtonia
    9 years ago

I found the article! :) Thank you, Cenepk. Now I want an hydrangea tunnel too. I have one oakleaf that I planted last spring. I wonder if I can take some cuttings and get this started for next spring. Hmmmmm.....

The pictures show up correctly on your computer because when you downloaded them off your phone, your computer automatically corrected the orientation. But my computer, also a Mac, isn't speaking to your phone so doesn't have the pictures orientated correctly. It's a case of technology getting ahead of itself. And using the image hosting codes will allow you to put multiple pictures into a single post (if you want).

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrangea tunnel

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, widdringtonia !!! Love the link so everyone can see.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

You have a lovely collection of plants, I see you also have Lady's Mantle, I love this plant and have a LOT myself but it you don't want it all over the place don't let it go to seed deadhead the spent flowers or you'll have them popping up everywhere, ask me how I know this :(.

Annette

• cenepk10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ladies mantle ! Yes ! I hope it goes EVERYWHERE !!!! Better than stinking dandelion !!!

• luckygal
    9 years ago

Love the color of the rose in your first pic! So pretty!

It's obvious you have done a lot of work all by yourself! So many pretty plants that will be even prettier as they mature. Hope you will update us on how your garden grows.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    9 years ago

Lovely! Quick tip: take all of your photos in landscape mode with the bottom of your phone to your right and you will never have orientation issues.

Carol in Jacksonville