Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mom's cottage garden peaks (pics)

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 0:56

Hi all,
I went to my mom's house today to look at her garden. It looks lovely, so I took some photos to share with you. The pink rose is Guy de Maupassant, the white is Perdita, the small pink is Our Lady of Guadaloupe, the big flowered dark pink is Yves Piaget. The iris is Sweet Musette, and the other flowers are foxgloves, alstroemerias, and columbines.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is her tomato bed. It has been invaded by Mme Julia Correvon and Jackmanni clematis, red asiatic lilies and screaming pink ivy geraniums.
Photobucket

Oh yeah- we met the nicest English lady down the street on Mother's Day, and got a tour of her HUGE cottage garden. I'm trying to finagle a good day to go over and snap some shots for you all.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mom's cottage garden peaks (pics)

Where do I send the adoption papers!?!!! I'm writing down that iris name....and will HUNT it down!

o

Those are some of the most beautiful flower groupings I have ever seen !
(but I think living in CA is cheating)

o

This is a jaw-dropping awe-inspiring garden, Renee!!! Absolutely heavenly! You made my day - thank you!

o

Wow!!! I wish I had that talent, I have to repeat natalie4b, it is just jaw-dropping awe-inspiring! Still struggling to pick my jaw off the floor. Tell your mom I really admire her gardening skills!

o

Very nice color groupings, it's beautiful. I'm going to write down the name of the roses.

o

Now THAT is what I think of when I think cottage garden!!

o

Prettiest garden ever! I love the colors and combinations of the flowers...and yes, I also think living in CA is cheating (of course, that is definitely jealousy speaking)! ;)

Thanks for sharing such marvelously inspiring pics. Your mother is quite an artist.

o

Heaven just Heaven! To give you an idea of the drooling this is causing. Here in zone 5/6 the tulips are just finishing and the Iris leaves are up maybe 10 inches. Roses are still leafing out and Hosta are still just spikes of curled up leaves. All is just shades of green beginnings. We won't have rose bloom till June. Your Mom's garden is an inspiration. Can't wait to see her neighbor's too.

o

Incredibly gorgeous garden! Thanks for the inspirational pics and Thanks to your talented Mother. Love that Sweet Musette iris!

o

Simply stunning, just like the shots I have seen of your garden are simply stunning. I see were you have inherited your gardening skills from. Your mom truely has exceptional talent to be able to create such a stunning garden. I just love all the views but that very first picture is my favorite. Then the tomato garden is increadable. My tomato garden never looked like that! Gorgeous. All of it, simply gorgeous.

o

Breathtaking. I had no idea there were so many colors of alstromeria. I like the way the colors of the foxglove and alstromeria play off one another.

Do you and your mom trade ideas (and plants) a lot? Both of your gardens are amazing. How close does she live to you? Such a special gardening bond you must have with her.

o

NOw saee, that is beautiful and the colors that make me happy!!! I love your mother's colors. Beautiful camera work as always,
Thanks, Renee

kay

o

Thanks, all of you wonderful gardeners. My mom and I spend lots of time in each other's gardens, since she lives less than a mile away. Our flower gardens are very small, so we can focus a lot of energy on them.

The photos show why I don't use pink and purple in my garden- I get it at mom's house. She gets her orange and yellow fix at my house. We don't get the ideas from one another- I get them from you and share.

Renee

o

I can only echo what others have said - just stunning - thank you so much for sharing a beautiful piece of paradise .....

Lynne

o

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 16, 11 at 10:27

Your mom's garden is as amazing as yours!

Absolutely glorious - I would be in cutting heaven. I always have flowers year round, but many of them are not good cutting flowers. Love your mom's color combinations!

o

Stunning flowers--- and high quality photos you took! Thanks for sharing.

o

Just lovely! What a wonderful place to spend time.

Rosefolly

o

There's something about that Calif. sunshine that makes growing flowers beautifully. When we were visiting at Edwards AFB years ago, everybody had the most breathtaking roses I've ever seen! I love her mixture of colors. Those foxglove and columbines and that Iris are like eye candy! Now when can we see your flower gardens. I bet they are as pretty as your Mom's.?

o

I think these are going to be my inspiration pictures for the rest of the year. The colors and combinations are utterly stunning!!

o

WOW!!!

o

A breathtaking array of delicious color, and no doubt scent. Fabulous! Very inspirational.

o

That is the quintessential cottage garden - just spectacular! Thanks so much for posting.

o

These photos and your words are so helpful! So often we seep beautiful photos with the plants not named, and that is just frustrating to those of us who are starting out. This thread is going to remain my inspiration for a long time to come. Got any more pictures of your mom's yard?

I can't wait to see the pix of the other yard you mentioned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here