Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Roses, Roses, and more Roses!

Annie
10 years ago

With all the rain we have been getting all Spring long and the cooler, milder temperatures, my roses are really putting on a show this year!

Here is the FIRST of many pictures I have of my Roses this Spring. I will post more tomorrow and the next day.

This one was taken earlier this month of my most be-loved Rosa, Ispahan. She is a Spring-blooming rose. cannot describe for you the fragrance this rose releases into the air all day long.

My oldest son came over three times while they were in their peak blooming period, just to walk through the garden and take in their perfume. He would stand under the archway and take in deep breaths, closing his eyes and smiling. "How can anything smell that good!. It's almost addictive!" Seductive might be a better description of her perfume. He couldn't get enough of the heady myrrh fragrance these roses were pumping out all day long, every day.
Me too!

Isn't she a beauty? Three-inch cerise (raspberry) blooms and many-petaled with an intoxicating fragrance. Almost no thorns; disease and pest free. She is worth the year-long wait.
~Annie

Comments (6)

Sponsored