Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
on_greenthumb

Daffodils....do they have it out for me?

on_greenthumb
12 years ago

Seriously? I went out last year and picked up 3 different kinds of daffs and they were among the first flowers to start coming out of the ground. I have them in three different spots (so variety of shades). I have never had any success with them and so I thought I'd try the variety.

NOT ONE HAS BLOOMED FOR ME. I thought at the beginning it was that I was further north than my Mom. Then I thought it was maybe because my yard is shadier.....my tulip (yes one...LOL I didn't plant it - squirrels did) is almost done already and those darned daffs are just waiting to bloom - the papery outside has come off and I can see bright yellow colouring on the bud......similar to my allium having a pink bulb already.....They did the same thing to me last year!!!

Am I doomed to never have the sunny faces of daffodils????? Should I take it personally? Just to give you an idea of other bloomers in my yard: lungwort, hellebores, rhododendron, hyacinths, bergenia, primroses, bleeding hearts, rock cress, violets....Surely they should have bloomed by now...

Comments (5)

Sponsored