Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's blooming today (pics)

Posted by sarahrock 6 boston (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 9:23

Poking around the garden this morning I took a few shots and thought I'd share...

columbine is going crazy

first peonies!

the new "brilliant pink iceberg" rose. granted, it was blooming when i bought it, but it still counts...

dianthus "indian carpet" and salvia "may night"

pinks

cranesbill

some sorta sad woodland phlox. wow this pic looks jungley.

close up of the pink iceberg. they smell delicious!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's blooming today (pics)

Love the colours on the columbine!!!! And I haven't posted photos of my personal jungle (some of it, I love and let it do it's own thing....) The rose is really pretty

o

Lovely garden flowers. The Columbine is especially beautiful.

o

Wow that columbine is impressive.

How long has it been in your garden?
I started several Mckana giants last year and they are up and blooming, but they are pretty spindly looking compared to yours. I wonder if they are likely to get bushier over time, or if I have them in too much shade. One bunch gets morning sun and the other bunch gets afternoon sun. This is the first time I've grown them.

o

I think I put those in last spring, actually. Well, it MIGHT have been the spring before that, I can't quite remember. They are in shade most of the day, but catch a little afternoon sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here