Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock_oak_deer

Roselee's Texas Cottage garden on TV!

rock_oak_deer
10 years ago

Roselee's beautiful garden was recently featured on a segment of our local PBS garden show Central Texas Gardener. Roselee is a regular contributor to Gardenweb and this wonderful video gives you a special tour of her garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roselee/Ragna's garden video

Comments (17)

• Sandi_W
    10 years ago

It is beautiful. I sure wish my gardens looked like that.

• luckygal
    10 years ago

Wonderful garden! TFS

"Find out what you can grow and grow a lot of it." Love this quote.

I think it's great that she's so frugal as well and shops for plants and home decor in the second hand market. Also that she doesn't find it necessary to spray toxic chemicals.

• Annie
    10 years ago

I enjoyed the tour very much. So so much more than I ever did before. Enjoyed Ragna and her DH Bob too.

I had to laugh at that last sign the cameraman focused on at the end:

"My husband said if I bought one more plant he'd leave me. Sure gonna miss that man!"

That's our Roselee!!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Hello all! Thanks so much looking and commenting.

I've only posted here a few times, but I read the posts pretty regularly ever since my friend 'Plantmaven' Kathy introduced this forum to me several years ago and told me so many good things about the people here; so I feel like I know all of you, and now you'll know me.

May I say that as luck would have it the roses, phlox, bougainvilleas and pretty much every thing else was between flushes on the day of filming. The garden was much more colorful just three weeks later. Oh well ....

"Rock-Oak-Deer" Shirley has posted photos of different stages of my 'yard' (as we say in Texas) on her blog. She has also taken photos at several garden tours as well as posting about her own Texas style cottage garden if you like seeing those as I do. I think you can find them by searching her blog for 'Garden Tours'. I know there have been a couple of posts here asking about garden programs and tours.

Yes Annie, it was cute how the producer, editor and narrator of Central Texas Gardener, Linda (she's the face in the mirror -- her first cameo appearance:-) ended the tour with the sign and me saying, "If Bob would spend that energy in the yard that he spends at the gym we could do even more!" Isn't that just like a woman ... LOL To Bob's credit I'll have to say he is very good at carrying out the projects that I come up with and more..

Again thank you so much for joining us on the eight minute video tour.

Roselee/Ragna

This post was edited by roselee on Wed, May 1, 13 at 15:47

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Somehow the link to Shirley's blog got lost along the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock-Oak-Deer Blog ...

• ogrose_tx
    10 years ago

Wow, Roselee, that is a sight to behold!

• Annie
    10 years ago

There's just something about all you ladies from Texas!!!
    ((HUGS))

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Ogrose, thanks for joining us in the garden.

Sweetannie, if there is anything about us ladies from Texas it's the determination to get outside and plant something through droughts, floods, heat, wildfires, poor soil, falling down, bad backs, and knees, etc, etc, ... LOL (I had a knee replacement three years ago-in August no less), but it's no more than the rest of you do. I guess we all think we have the worst conditions in which to try to garden, right?

Luckygal, that quote has always stuck with me. I have learned not to try and plant too many things that are not suited to this climate, although I still try once in a while :-)

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad to see everyone enjoying the garden tour. I was just there this week again and it's beautiful as always.

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

How Lovely!!! I am planning/booked my trip to Texarkana this year and will be excited to see my Texas Gardener again!! There is something about those Texas Ladies!!!

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

A magical garden. Brava!

• ripley529
    10 years ago

Beautiful, thanks for posting the link.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Calamity, Hosenemesis and Ripley!

This morning I posted a few pictures to the Texas Gallery of the 'back forty' so to speak'; a few of those usually hidden places not often seen, but which are some of my favorite magical places because they belong more to Mother Nature where I haven't done much. But actually, it's really all her garden anyway ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Down hidden paths and secret alleys .......

• Annie
    10 years ago

Roselee wrote:
    "...my favorite magical places...belong more to Mother Nature...(because)...it's really all her garden anyway..."

My sentiments exactly!
    I just adore you Roselee. You have that wry sense of humor that I like. You're a strong woman with a lot of spunk, but very caring and loving, and I respect that about you.
    I enjoy your posts so much.
    Please come on here and post more often.

~Annie
    p.s. - I call my place "The Ranch", even though it's just a tad over being 3 acres...and I often say "the back forty", when talking about any part of my yard that is furthest from my back door, least likely to get much attention, and out of hollerin' distance.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Annie, how wonderful to have three acres of land for your cottage garden! But it's probably good that I don't have that large a space as I;d be driving to plant every inch of it. Actually I probably have enough plants for three acres ... LOL. And that would give them room to stretch their legs a bit.

I appreciate the sweet invitation. You live up to your name for sure. Thank you muchly!

• Annie
    10 years ago

And, lest I be remiss and appear to be thoughtless, I want to thank you kindly Rock_Oak_Deer for posting the link about Roselee's garden tour.
    Were are all enjoying it very much.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are most welcome sweetannie, I am glad you enjoyed it. We'll remember to link to her future posts too.

Sponsored