Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Some photos from this morning

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

I always like this pathway in the garden: Spirea, bleeding heart, nettle and forget-me-nots.

{{gwi:672317}}

A view of the little sunken garden behind and below the Spirea you see in the above photo.

{{gwi:672319}}

Comments (16)

• sarahrock
    12 years ago

What a magical little garden bench. Everything looks beautiful!

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

What a lovely pathway. It does look like a view to a magical world. Great spring garden.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Beautiful, LOVE the bench!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Yes, it is lovely.

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    12 years ago

What a pretty walk through your springtime.

Did you 'sink' the garden or is it just in a natural low spot? I love that idea. It seems like a romantic little hideaway. Min

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Oh man! Now I have to rent a bulldozer. Does anyone know of a cheap source of massive rocks in Simi Valley?

• freezengirl
    12 years ago

What a beautiful garden spot! I am trying to create something similar in feel in the far back end of my yard. Now I will be able to refer to your picture to keep me motivated. I have been hauling rocks all winter from the beaches around here and dumping them at the end of the driveway. Now I am hauling them 2 or 3 at a time by wheelbarrow to the back end hoping and praying the barrow doesn't sink in the soft soil and tip. Very stunning garden picture, thank you for sharing!

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone.

min - an old house trailer sat there when I first moved in my house. It was a wreck and I had it hauled out, which left a depression. Over the years, I dug it out (by hand) more and more until I got the look I wanted. It's very small and still a work in progress; but it's getting there.

freezengirl - my days of hauling rocks are nearly over, but my eyes still light up whenever I see a pile of great stones! Instead of a wheelbarrow, you might try one of those hand trucks I think they call them. They have two wheels and stand upright - people use them to move furniture,ect. You'd be amazed at how much weight they can move around. Unless the tires go flat like mine does. :)
    Good luck with your project - don't give up, just keep thinking how great it's going to look. And it won't happen in a day, but it will all come together eventually.

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

very tranquil and peaceful looking - thank you for adding a smile to my busy morning ......

Lynne

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse- Your gardens are so beautiful and old world, I just love them! If I lived closer, I would definitely be visiting you for tea, in your secret garden :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha, thanks Lass. I don't know why I'm drawn to this type of garden, I try to create as tho things have been there for centuries. But then I like a wild and less formal garden too; so I have both.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Fantastic!! You are true artist with the rocks schoolhouse!
    CMK

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Absolutely enchanting! What a grand place to sit and meditate, or read a book and sip lemonade. Great work!

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

That is just beautiful! I love the bench, like everyone else...such a nice "secret garden" effect. Beautiful job, schoolhouse.
    kay

• natal
    12 years ago

Absolutely enchanting!

My thoughts exactly. I've always found your gardens so sweet and welcoming ... even covered in snow they're a mystical place.

• DYH
    12 years ago

What a serene place! Looks like a secret garden.

Cameron

Sponsored