Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some photos from this morning

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 10:19

I always like this pathway in the garden: Spirea, bleeding heart, nettle and forget-me-nots.

A view of the little sunken garden behind and below the Spirea you see in the above photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some photos from this morning

What a magical little garden bench. Everything looks beautiful!

o

What a lovely pathway. It does look like a view to a magical world. Great spring garden.

o

Beautiful, LOVE the bench!

o

Yes, it is lovely.

o

• Posted by min3 9N.CA (My Page) on
    Thu, May 19, 11 at 21:08

What a pretty walk through your springtime.

Did you 'sink' the garden or is it just in a natural low spot? I love that idea. It seems like a romantic little hideaway. Min

o

Oh man! Now I have to rent a bulldozer. Does anyone know of a cheap source of massive rocks in Simi Valley?

o

What a beautiful garden spot! I am trying to create something similar in feel in the far back end of my yard. Now I will be able to refer to your picture to keep me motivated. I have been hauling rocks all winter from the beaches around here and dumping them at the end of the driveway. Now I am hauling them 2 or 3 at a time by wheelbarrow to the back end hoping and praying the barrow doesn't sink in the soft soil and tip. Very stunning garden picture, thank you for sharing!

o

Thanks everyone.

min - an old house trailer sat there when I first moved in my house. It was a wreck and I had it hauled out, which left a depression. Over the years, I dug it out (by hand) more and more until I got the look I wanted. It's very small and still a work in progress; but it's getting there.

freezengirl - my days of hauling rocks are nearly over, but my eyes still light up whenever I see a pile of great stones! Instead of a wheelbarrow, you might try one of those hand trucks I think they call them. They have two wheels and stand upright - people use them to move furniture,ect. You'd be amazed at how much weight they can move around. Unless the tires go flat like mine does. :)
Good luck with your project - don't give up, just keep thinking how great it's going to look. And it won't happen in a day, but it will all come together eventually.

o

very tranquil and peaceful looking - thank you for adding a smile to my busy morning ......

Lynne

o

Schoolhouse- Your gardens are so beautiful and old world, I just love them! If I lived closer, I would definitely be visiting you for tea, in your secret garden :)

o

Ha, thanks Lass. I don't know why I'm drawn to this type of garden, I try to create as tho things have been there for centuries. But then I like a wild and less formal garden too; so I have both.

o

Fantastic!! You are true artist with the rocks schoolhouse!
CMK

o

Absolutely enchanting! What a grand place to sit and meditate, or read a book and sip lemonade. Great work!

o

That is just beautiful! I love the bench, like everyone else...such a nice "secret garden" effect. Beautiful job, schoolhouse.
kay

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, May 21, 11 at 18:57

Absolutely enchanting!

My thoughts exactly. I've always found your gardens so sweet and welcoming ... even covered in snow they're a mystical place.

o

What a serene place! Looks like a secret garden.

Cameron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here