Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yay spring!

Posted by sarahrock 6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 14 at 10:45

Wow, has it really been two years since I've posted in this forum? In any case, I was just poking through the pics I've taken in the garden so far this year and thought I'd come share them with some folks that were likely to appreciate them. :)

Hi everyone!! <3

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yay spring!

Absolutely gorgeous, love your front yard and cute house too!

More pictures! What does your backyard look like?

o

Thanks! The backyard is all for food. This pic is from a few weeks ago so there's a lot more going on at this point, but you get the drift:

o

Wonderful! I love front yard gardens! So much more fun than grass. What plant is that in front of your baptisia about to burst into bloom?

o

That's a poppy, but I can't remember the exact name. Looks like it's going to be epic this year!

o

A very lovely cottage garden, I'm really taken with your Bleeding Heart I used to have this in my garden, yours has me wanting one again. Cute house too :).

Annette

o

What edges that stone walk? Thyme? I really like stone walkways.

o

There is thyme between some of the stepping stones, but that is john creech sedum on the sides. It was a random purchase ages back from home depot and turns out I love it. I am planning on spreading it around more this year to fill in some gaps.

o

Sigh...that yard is spectacular. Love the John Creech sedum. I will be on the search for some of that. Your dicentra is wonderful. Actually, it all is.

Did you lay the stone path yourself? I want to add one here, but not sure I am up to the challenge.

Cynthia

o

Yes, I did the path. Or rather, my husband did most of it. Prior to that it was just mulch.

Putting in the path was the one time I was thankful how small our yard is. That stone ain't cheap!! :)

o

I love your stone pathway. That's what I envisioned when I started making one through my backyard gardens. Er... It doesn't look like that. :-P

o

Everything looks beautiful. I'm another lover of stone paths. Yours was done well.

I've tried growing poppies but they never look like yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here