Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Saturday Bloom

newyorkrita
12 years ago

{{gwi:672786}}

Lupines looking good.

{{gwi:672787}}

A view off my walkway to the front porch.

{{gwi:672788}}

Iris Shyline Road and Wave Runner

{{gwi:672791}}

Iris Sea Power

{{gwi:672793}}

Iris Pledge Allegiance. I guess my now you could guess that I love blue Iris LOL!

{{gwi:672794}}

My Portulaca Hanging Basket

Comments (14)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Everything looks great, but that lupine patch is to die for.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Oh, my stars, Rita!! Your yard is so beautiful! Do you ever do garden parties to show off your blooms?

• silverkelt
    12 years ago

Looking good Rita,

Lupines look great.. my patch is much smaller this year.. last years drought didnt help them either.

I will start more this winter I think.

Your iris though are just awesome, I looked throught the link you provided and am thinking about adding some more soon. Though I just put another rose order in as well .. so might have to space it out so my wife wont yell at me =P..

Silverkelt

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse- Thanks. I hope all these lupines make it this year as I like this year lupine garden even better than last years.

Hey, I found lupines potted for sale at a much more local nursery than the one I got mine at. So if I need them next year I might have a choice as were to get them. But I hope mine overwinter.

crackingtheconcrete- No garden parties here, or any type of parties. Afraid I live the quiet life. But I am out in the garden most of the time.

Silverkelt- I love the Tall Beared Iris because I really like the tall stalks and the big showey blooms. I mostly like iris with vivid colors and lots of ruffles.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Your iris are beautiful, but the lupines are STILL my favorite.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

What they said! :)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There are lots more iris here than lupines but those lupines do have quite the impact all bunched together like that. But then I really love things bunched together anyway. My favorite method of planting.

• sunnyjay
    12 years ago

Your lupines are to die for Rita! Your roses are also stunning, love the colour!
    Jason

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Your garden is plenty party for you, it is a gorgeous place to be.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It really is pretty here. I love to just walk around and just look at everything.

The roses are just thinking of starting. There should be a really big rose showing this year as they have really grown and budded up like crazy.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita,
    My two little Midnight Blue roses are doing pretty well. Of course, here all of them have to be sprayed to prevent blackspot. Hopefully I won't see anything else in your rose photos that I think I have to have since I don't know where I would plant anything else. But I am really looking forward to those pictures.

kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- Roses here have to be sprayed as well or the blackspot would run rampant. Glad your Midnight Blues are doing well. Mine should start up soon. But I haven't gotten any new roses this year at all. My goodness, what is this world comming to. I haven't gotten a new rose nor a new daylily either this year. Bought plenty of other plants though.

• burwoodbelle
    12 years ago

Rita,I love the hanging basket of Portulaca.I poted 5 hanging baskets Sat.with mixed color Portulaca and also a strawberry jar.Also have an old farm wagon with orange and pink Portulaca and mix color dwarf Zennias.So far 2 flats of 36 Portulacas.
    Pat

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Portulacas are a very handy flower. I planted two flats already myself and really need to get more.

Sponsored