Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain, finally

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 11 at 11:20

We finally are getting good rain and a tad of hail.
San Antonio has been almost 100 days without any rain.
I keep watching the rose arbor to see if it blows over, as that is where the cardinal nest is built.
Looking at the radar it looks like we will get more for the next couple hours.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain, finally

I am glad that your getting much needed rain. Hail, not so good as it can shred up the plants and destroy blooms.

o

We got a good bit of rain up here, no damage. Everything is so fresh looking now with all the accumulated pollen and dust washed off.

Hope that rose trellis held up.

o

The arbor and the babies survived the wind.
We got about 1 1/3 inches of rain.
It blew over that huge pot of bouganvillea. You are right things look so pretty and clean.

k

o

Oh man, I am so glad you got some rain. With all the fires in Texas, that is a welcome thing.

By the way, we love San Antonio. We have visited there several times, and I hope the next visit is soon.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here