Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhodos: Pete & Repete

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 11:27

So this spring I was all gung ho and wanted to add a few evergreen shrubs to my garden, I bought a nice healthy looking rhodo that said it was orange and called "golden gate", been waiting for it to bloom....yesterday I went to a Fleamarket and bought a very gorgeous rhodo: didn't come with a name, but I just Loved the color(this may or may not be an influence from a garden friend down the road whose garden just happens to be gorgeously blooming)(featuring rhodos/azealias/etc) I also came home with some new irises(may or may not be influenced by certain posts/pics here on the forum:-),(Fiesta time/Bronze/Cloudless Sunrise). Now as I was unloading said items(placing with all the other plants needing to be planted(hubby never seems to notice growing pile) when I spotted my "Golden gate was in Bloom!!! So when I placed the new rhodo beside it....well, yup! The same!!!
Here is a pic of Pete & Repeat, new iris, and my yard early yesterday morning, with the fog....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhodos: Pete & Repete

Oooh! Calamity!

I love those rhododendrons.
kay

o
RE: Rhodos: Pete & Repete

Question: In the first picture of the fog, you can see where the previous owner of this property has planted red azealia at either end of the firepit area(in bloom), do you think it would be too much to add Pete and Repete the same way, like right behind each? Or is that too repetative?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here