Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

This morning's photo

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

"Don't even THINK about peeing on this topiary - it's all MINE'.

{{gwi:673638}}

Comments (11)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Both your topiary and your kitty are lovely. Kity really does look like he is guarding the garden.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

LOL! I love your picture :)

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

LOL! So cute! I'll bet the thought never even crossed his mind! Lovely setting.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Toooo funny!!!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

LOL, the look on kitty's face, don't even think about coming in here and if you try I'll have you for breakfast.

Annette

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Gives new meaning to Cat-a-pillar!lol!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

That is such a great photo! Kitty looks like he/she could take on a rottweiler and do some serious damage! The look in the face is just perfect.

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

This kitty means business! Great photo!

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Garden and Kitty. ( We have 3) What do you feed your boxwood? I have a row of 6. Five of one variety and one of another. Unfortunately I don't recall the names. The one is doing well the other 5 have a lot of brown leaves and poor growth. They have been in place for 4 years. I dread the possibility of having to pull the 5.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't feed my boxwood nor do I feed any of my shrubs. Well, I do sometimes sprinkle Osmocote around them as I'm doing the flower beds, but not always. I've heard that Epsom Salts is good for boxwood, I have never tried that.

Browning can be caused by wind burn in winter, animal urine or a leaf disease. Don't pull the shrubs out just yet, wait and see if they green up this summer. The varieties offered in my area are Green Velvet and Winter Gem, I try to plant all of one variety together.

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Thanks, I'll wait. Should I prune them back? I would have used all of one but it was a sale and they were short. Now I wish I had all of the variety of the lone one that looks great, Lol.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County