Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This morning's photo

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 12:00

"Don't even THINK about peeing on this topiary - it's all MINE'.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This morning's photo

Both your topiary and your kitty are lovely. Kity really does look like he is guarding the garden.

o

LOL! I love your picture :)

o

LOL! So cute! I'll bet the thought never even crossed his mind! Lovely setting.

o

Toooo funny!!!

o

LOL, the look on kitty's face, don't even think about coming in here and if you try I'll have you for breakfast.

Annette

o

Gives new meaning to Cat-a-pillar!lol!

o

That is such a great photo! Kitty looks like he/she could take on a rottweiler and do some serious damage! The look in the face is just perfect.

o

This kitty means business! Great photo!

o

Beautiful! Garden and Kitty. ( We have 3) What do you feed your boxwood? I have a row of 6. Five of one variety and one of another. Unfortunately I don't recall the names. The one is doing well the other 5 have a lot of brown leaves and poor growth. They have been in place for 4 years. I dread the possibility of having to pull the 5.

o

I don't feed my boxwood nor do I feed any of my shrubs. Well, I do sometimes sprinkle Osmocote around them as I'm doing the flower beds, but not always. I've heard that Epsom Salts is good for boxwood, I have never tried that.

Browning can be caused by wind burn in winter, animal urine or a leaf disease. Don't pull the shrubs out just yet, wait and see if they green up this summer. The varieties offered in my area are Green Velvet and Winter Gem, I try to plant all of one variety together.

o

Thanks, I'll wait. Should I prune them back? I would have used all of one but it was a sale and they were short. Now I wish I had all of the variety of the lone one that looks great, Lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here