Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catalinagrey

My Garden Update from this weekend

catalinagrey
13 years ago

I posted some pictures of my garden on my blog. I wish I had time to upload and post them here, but there is so much to do! I sometimes feel like I will never get everything done. Even had a scary dream about plants attacking me and I was fighting them off with Round-up- LOL! Does that make me offically garden crazy?

I'm also mad at myself, because I missed out on taking pics of the white alliums in my front yard. They were almost 5 feet tall this year! They look so pretty mixed with the purple.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Update 5-22-10

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

It is growing really well. I love the alliums! I grew some for the first time this year.

No, you're not officially garden crazy, you were just very tired. I can see why, looking at the pictures.

You have to be very proud of such a lovely garden.
    kay

• memo3
    13 years ago

catalinagrey, you have a really lovely raised bed garden. Do you mix veggies together in it or is it all one or the other? I love your arbors, they are so clean and fresh looking. I think arbors add so much to a garden. Enjoy your spring planting and gardening, everything looks wonderful!

MeMo

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kay - Thanks! I have a lot of fun with it.

Memo - I have only perennials on the right side, but I also have black raspberries, fruit trees, strawberries and gooseberries on that side. I plant annual flowers with my vegetables on the left side.
    So it's all kind of a semi-controled mix! The trellises are new this year. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to put them.

Catalina

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

I was up until 2:00 a.m. reading your blog - I LOVE it!! You and your family are SO talented. What a beautiful grandmother you have. I copied some of the luscious-looking recipes to try this weekend. Eye candy!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sprout- Thanks SO much! Sorry it kept you up so late, but it is always nice to hear when someone likes (loves -LOL!) my blog!

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

your garden is so lovely! I love all the neat little raised beds and your new arbor and your allium are wonderful. Love your little bridge, too.

• hurlee
    13 years ago

i love your blog too. I plan to try some of your recipes. All the canning is great, all that fresh food! I have asked this before, so I apologize for being a royal pain... but could you please tell me how you attached the plates to the stakes to make those gorgeous glass flowers?
    thanks!

jody

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jody- I use silicon glue and a bell hanger. The bell hanger is from the plumbing supply section. You might have to shop around to find one though. A blog friend on the West coast went to 5 stores before she found them. If you live in the mid-west you can find them at Menard's

Here is a link that might be useful: What a bell hanger looks like

Sponsored