Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

pri and May 2013

plantmaven
10 years ago

Reve d'Or rose. First bloom on lastyear's ctting.

{{gwi:674231}}

Iris...all my tags are gone

{{gwi:674232}}

{{gwi:674234}}

Maeve after an anole

{{gwi:674236}}

Yarrow cerise queen

{{gwi:674237}}

{{gwi:674238}}

Feverfew

{{gwi:674239}}

Daylilies NOID's

{{gwi:674240}}

{{gwi:674242}}

{{gwi:674244}}

{{gwi:674246}}

Amaryllis

{{gwi:674248}}

{{gwi:674250}}

Hardy amaryllis

{{gwi:674252}}

Duranta bush/shrub

{{gwi:674254}}

co-joined coreopsis bloom

Portmerion rose

Climbing Buff Beauty

In Feb I still had my Christmas wreath on the door. Because it was so nice I left the door open. These two wrens came in for nesting material.

Comments (16)

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That would be APRIL, no pri ..........lol

• thinman
    10 years ago

Outstanding flowers, Kathy! The climbing Buff Beauty is great. Do you have any trouble with yarrow spreading into your grass? It happened to me when I added some different colored varieties to my garden. It would get mowed right along with the grass, but it didn't seem to mind, though it never bloomed. I had to move to get away from it. :)

TM

This post was edited by thinman on Thu, May 9, 13 at 9:13

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. Very seldom does the yarrow get in the grass. But the bed is surrounded with stones and bricks.

• Sandi_W
    10 years ago

Oh, you have so much blooming beautifully. It's all so pretty. And I'm so jealous.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms and so many different ones. That climbing Buff Beauty is to die for! Love it. I had to look to see where you lived, because my amaryllis are blooming as are the roses and iris. the yarrow has just started blooming, and my Duranta has just poked up from the ground. In winter it dies back, but always returns. Last year, I got one in a pot that had been trained as a standard, and I didn't plant it but left it out to die this winter. I decided to move the pot the "dead" plant was in to empty it and discovered the taproot had gone through the drain hole of the pot and planted itself. I guess I have two Durantas now. The butterflies and hummers love them, so it's okay.

The wren pics are adorable.

I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for all the lovely pics.
    kay

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, normally durantas freeze back. But we have not had a hard freeze for the last 2 winters. Did you notice it has a white ruffle?
    I really enjoyed the wrens. They also flew to the silk ivy I have on a chandelier and on the cabinet tops. I finally had to turn off the lights and close all the blinds so they could find their way back out.
    I live north west of San Antonio. I am in the city limits by about 3 miles
    For the last few days the resident cardinals have been bringing their babies closer to the feeder and to the pond.
    Thanks for looking.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Diane just came in to tell me a baby cardinal landed on her computer. How cool is that?!! She said she did not dare reach for her camera.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

Really lovely Kathy, love the candid shots of your little bird they're not easy to get.

Annette

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Oh, my, that Buff Beauty is exquisite. Reve d'Or is also amazing- first year? Wow.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Kathy,

Everything is just beautiful,especially love the pink iris,and the golden one above that.TFS
    Kathi

• luckygal
    10 years ago

So many pretties! TFS

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am excited that I will have some pics to share soon of my "finally going to bloom" irises! and in a few months I will be in Texarkana TX to visit my friend there and see her lovely cottage garden! Thanks for sharing all these lovely photos!!!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for looking. Once the heat gets here I will be looking at y'all's pretty pictures.

Texarkana is 450 miles from me. Too bad your friend doesn't live closer.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

WOW! What a lovely garden. I especially love Buff Beauty cause I am a roseaholic! Thanks for sharing. lesley

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I bought a standard of the duranta this spring and wonder what care it should receive. Should one cut back severely after blooming? I like that hardy amaryllis better than the opulent ones sold over the holidays; it just has more character.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are repeat bloomers. The duranta will probably keep blooming until it gets cold. It will freeze.
    You will have to take it inside or in a green house.
    I gave my standard to my son in Houston and it froze back there last winter, but came back from the root.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery