12 years ago

{{gwi:676396}}

Iris Corner near my neighbors driveway.

{{gwi:676397}}

Golden Panther in the newest Iris bed.

{{gwi:676398}}

Yellow Dutch Iris in the TB iris bed.

{{gwi:676399}}

Iris row in the backyard taken in the brief sunshine yesterday.

Comments (14)

• cziga
    12 years ago

Gold Panther is a beauty, I love those fall colours!

Your Irises look absolutely lovely!! Ours won't be blooming for another couple weeks and I can barely wait.

Which ones are the two-tone pink and dark ones on the edge in the first photo? Those are stunning as well!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS!!! Love those pinks and that one that looks like it's black and white.Good Job as always.TFS
    Kathi

• memo3
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Rita! Iris are my favorite spring flowers.

MeMo

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

You have very lucky neighbors to drive by those beauties each day. What is "hanging" above them in the first picture?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There is Wysteria above the iris. It looked beautiful in bloom. You get a good look at my neighbors driveway and see that some of those iris are actually on their property as the Wysteria is on their property. We get along very well and when I was starting the iris garden I asked if they mind iris in that corner. They give me complimets all the time.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Beautiful Rita,
    The iris are in bloom now for sure! I love thatGolden Panther.
    kay

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Bravo, Rita, they're beautiful! What are the purple and white ones on the right side of the first picture? Do you have any closeups of them? They remind me of my fave iris in my last home, but I don't know the name. I'd love to put some of those in here.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:676400}}

Not a great closeup but thats it. STARRING. I bought it from Schreiners. Will try for a better picture tomorrow.

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Thanks, Rita! Many years ago when I was working in a large company, I got a Shreiners catalog. I gathered a bunch of my friends together and we placed a very big order because together we got a great price. When they arrived, I took them to work and we divided them up according to who had ordered what. It was great because I got a lot of exotic bulbs.

Your picture is great and that iris is gorgeous. But it's not the one I was thinking of. Oh well, it was worth a shot. There are a kazillion kinds of iris out there and IMO Shreiners has cornered the best of the best. Yours are breathtaking.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! I get the schreiners catalog each year and I love looking thru it. I love their iris, I get great quality and big rhizomes from them that do really well here.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I love Iris. I'm trying to create a border more or less down one side of the path through the orchard. Remember the photos of Monet's Iris along the paths? I have one blooming right now that smells like grape soda pop. Just planted "Orange Majesty" that I bought at a garden club sale.

Keep the photos coming, Rita.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It is raining again today so if I want pictures I had to get wet LOL! Nothing new with the weather we are having. Here is todays hopefully better picture of STARRING as promised. Sorry it's not the iris you were thinking of but there are so many similiar ones out there.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Hi Rita, It looked like a wisteria but I couldn't "see" where it would be hanging from. There didn't appear to be any supports or trees nearby. Very nice your neighbors don't mind your plants encroaching on their property. They'd probably love it if you continued into their front yard!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Its only in the very corner and one iris. The rest of everything out there is on my property. The Wysteria is from a small "tree" on my neightbors side.

I thought I posted that picture, guess not. Here is STARRING.

{{gwi:676401}}

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!