Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainey Day Iris

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 14:37

I had to do the best I could today as it is raining as usual.

Photobucket

Iris Paul Black. One of my very favorite top five iris.

Photobucket

Florentine Silk

Photobucket

Magical Realism and Perrymont

Photobucket

Kickapoo Kangaroo

Photobucket

Winter Waltz with Rio Rojo

Photobucket

A section of Iris Row.

Photobucket

Bunches of Blue and Purple.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainey Day Iris

Kickapoo Kangaroo - never saw an Iris like that before. Awesome.

I went greenhouse hopping with a friend today and didn't see any bearded Iris, only Japanese.

o
RE: KK Iris

Kickapoo Kangaroo is a Kasparek into. He has the most off beat broken colors and strange patterns. I have quite afew of them.

o

Just stunning! My iris blossoms tend to rot quickly with the spring rains. I've resigned myself to enjoying people's pics more than my own garden. lol

o

• Posted by cziga Zone 5 -Toronto (My Page) on
    Mon, May 23, 11 at 15:41

I was looking at Rio Rojo the other day, the colour looks absolutely beautiful!! Is it a fast spreader, or more moderate?

o

We have been having lots of rain also, more than a week and a half of it. I noticed indivual blooms don't tend to last as long as the constant rain really does them in quicker. But they still look beautiful blooming :-)

Rio Rojo is about the same as all the others I bought from Schreiners. They just grow! This is the second year of blooming for them all and they will all need to be divided this summer. But then I don't leave lots of room for them as my garden is just not that big.

o

I think Paul Black is now my favorite iris of all time. I have never seen one so very deep blue and with the orange. Stunning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here