Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

We had a little rain in San Antonio ...

We had a 'little' rain in San Antonio last week. Officailly it was about 10.5 inches within a very few hours. Some people recorded as much as 17 inches. This is what my yard looked like. Kathy said her yard looked much the same.

This is not standing water. This is RUNNING water. I live on a slope and water runs down from all the yards uphill and end up in a normally dry creek a few hundred yards from my house. The water had run off within a hour ...
{{gwi:677957}}

Then there is the cleanup of mulch washed out of an area uphill by the fence but that was no biggie and no real damage done.
{{gwi:677958}}

Hard rains like this happen every few years so I placed the beds to make sure the path for the water to run would not be blocked. Then it's back to no rain for weeks sometimes.

Below is a link to some photos posted today on the Texas Gallery. Since I enjoy seeing gardens in other parts of the country I thought you might also. There are more photos from other Texas gardens posted on the same forum if you want to have a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: They don't call them rain lilies for nothing ...

Comments (5)