Iris Wave Runer twins

{{gwi:274083}}

Roses will soon be in bloom.

{{gwi:678620}}

Orangutan Orange

Comments (9)

• journalbee
    12 years ago

more wonderful pics of beautiful irises.

i got my first iris bloom today. its all yellow. i don't know the name. i went out for a couple of hours and when i returned it had fallen over. any idea why that might happen.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

If the stalks are tall the weight does sometimes make them fall over. Especially happens if there is lots of rain to make the blooms heavy and the ground soft. Or if its windy. Just get some bamboo stakes and stake and tie them back up. We had lots of rain here and I had to stake much more than I normally do.

• newbiehavinfun
    12 years ago

Lovely! Now I've got to get some later-blooming iris so that they will bloom at the same time as my Siberian iris, because the combination is great! I love how they complement each other.

Q: What is the name of the lavendar/pink iris in the first and second photos?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It is a Kaspareck intro, Okapi Poppy.

I had originally thought that the Siberian Iris would bloom earlier than the TB but doesn't seem to be so. But I like them all blooming together there and the colors do great together.

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Scrumptious!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Rita, those Iris are real beauties! I've really been considering trying Siberian Iris..Do they require a moist area to grow best? Is that Caesar's brother variety? What are those pretty little blue flowers in the background with the orangutan iris? Wood hyacinths, perhaps or bluebells? Your property should be on a garden tour. You sure have a creative eye. I always enjoy seeing your flowers! I've got to plant out my lupines this weekend from the pots. Just trying to think where I can find a suitable spot for them;what can I get rid of so I can make room.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

It's always so nice to see your iris and I can't wait for all the roses. Do you have any idea how many varieties of TB you have? You are very good about knowing the name of each one (which we can all make "want" lists from!) so I assume you keep good records? You have some real beauties.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pippi- Siberians are really easy once they get established. They don't need any more water than any other plant once they get going. However, most of my garden is heavily mulched and the Sibs just love that, unlike the beardless which I had to do special mini gardens for (no mulch). That one in the picture I put the wrong tag on so I don't know right now what it is. It is a modern one (and large flowered) that I bought two years ago, not Caesers Brother which is a very old variety, that I know for sure.

The blue flowers in the backround are catmint, Walkers Low. It is a fantastic perennial that flowers all year long.

Plant those Lupines! I just love lupines!

thyme- I have about 200 tall bearded but bought most of them only last year so many are new. What records? I just use a plant name tag for each one so I know what it is when I want. Do the same with my daylilies.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:678622}}

Here's a closeup of a Catmint in another area of the garden. They are great plants, bloom from spring till frost. No fuss and if they get sprawly I just cut them back, the blooms soon start again.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks