Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What little thats blooming.. here you go. 5/21/11

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 11 at 17:24

Im such a summer gardner, my eye is always taken to daylilies and roses, now my japanese iris garden is expanding. Im adding some peonies and more perrenials, but the height of my garden in Maine is somewhere between June 15th to Auguest 15th give or take.

I do have a few things in bloom, and a few ive competely ignored posting as well.. aka crocus and some other daffs and such.

Ive been remulching the main garden bed and its taken forever, as Ive trucked in about 5 truckloads of compost so far. But Ive managed to get about 500 daylily seedlings in my new back bed and some other odds and ends done, as well as getting my veggie garden more or less planted. LOTS to do, as we had a week of cooler rainy weather and honestly didnt feel like doing much, had to go on a business trip too, so that didnt help.

Daffodill Cheerfulness..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tulip Apricot Beauty

Photobucket

A northwestern Native I just got this last weekend, just planted it today, this was taken while it was still in a pot. Camassia

Photobucket

A dwarf Korean Azelea, took 4 years to explode like this, I have two and they both look great this year, just Covered in blooms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

If these are too big I apologize , let me know, as I know older screens need them smaller.

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What little thats blooming.. here you go. 5/21/11

• Posted by chohio 5-6 Dayton Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, May 21, 11 at 17:55

All are lovely. You've picked some fantastic colors and I really like that Camassia too. Photos size was fine.
Cher

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, May 21, 11 at 18:52

I love your Camassia! Never saw that before. Thank you so much for posting your Korean azaleas. My mom had a couple in her Indiana yard, but I never saw them in bloom. She would tell me every spring how gorgeous they were.

o

Fantastic! I started some camassia from seed- probably will take years before it gets as lovely as your new beauty!
Ps. you take some great close up pictures...worthy of framing!
CMK

o

All very pretty. But I agree, the camassia is BEAUTIFUL

o

Love those Azealas with the hot rose pink color. And your daffodils are really pretty too. I love spring in the garden when everything starts to get green and flower.

o

Lovely! Nice big pics!!!

o

The color of the tulips melts my heart.

o

Yummy colors, especially on those tulips. Thanks for sharing these oh-so-pretty pictures.

o

Those daffodils are adorable. I just picked up some Camassia today! Not exactly sure where they're going but they really are a beautiful spring bloomer. I can't wait to see pictures of your japanese iris when they're blooming. I hope you'll post some!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here