Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bought some new perennials

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 17:34

Well new meaning for this season: Purple Palace coral bells (3), a new pyramid GreenMt. Boxwood to replace the one killed off this winter, a forsythia, a Silver Bells tree and an "Orange Gnome" Campion at the annual local Ag Research Center plant sale, two new Lupine (a yellow and a blue), two burgundy Siberian Iris and a new Red Hot Poker plant to replace the one I had for years and disappeared over this winter.

Plus an asst. of annuals for the crescent bed, urns, and around the bird bath. Snap dragons, a salmon Salvia, Million Bells petunia, and white Alyssum

Now if it would only dry up so I could get some seed in the ground. I'm thinking I might go ahead and sow the Heavenly Blue MG.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bought some new perennials

Sounds like you got a lot of great new plants !!
I love the plants you got for your birdbath. Not sure if I remember pictures of yours tho, have you posted pics of it? Bird baths are one of my fav garden things. I had 5 until we moved , now just 2.
Do you have anything new for your gate this year ? I always admired your gate pics! :)

o

Chose the last three years.

July 2011, dianthus:
 photo 100_2970.jpg

July 2012, Dianthus:
 photo 100_3829.jpg

July 2013, Nasturtiums:
 photo 100_4832.jpg

I'll add a photo of the birdbath with the white allsysum as soon as it fills out a little more.

o

Oh, no I haven't added anything to the gate for Spring.Normally I do that for Fall and at Christmas. But if I found just the right something for Spring and Summer I might put it on the gate.

Meant to add that I got most of the new perennials planted today. I have the Red Hot Poker to go in as soon as I prepare the spot for it. I have to rip out some more English Ivy first. Then I have the two burgundy Siberian Iris left. I know where they will go but ran out of energy today. Had to stop and mow before the farmer came to bale my yard - it seemed that high. What a mess, but I mowed 2 - 3 times to get it looking half decent. Good thing too, it is raining now at 9:30p and suppose to storm tomorrow.

This post was edited by schoolhouse on Tue, May 13, 14 at 21:26

o

Wow ! I'm jealous !!! What a great selection of plants ! Beautiful pics too. Would love to see more of your garden pics, schoolhouse !

o

Lovely!
I like the white Dianthus combo best.

o

Actually, I like the draping of the nasturtiums the best, though they can look ratty after a while. Good luck with the Red Hot Poker. It has been lost here (farther south) a number of times; and this last winter definitely zapped it.

o

i like the last pic the best. i love the wild, cottagey feel of it. thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here