Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

World Naked Gardening Day

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

Who's gonna participate? If I was 20yrs. old again and maybe at midnight.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

Comments (15)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I am not about to be gardening naked. I wouldn't have done it even when I was young and looked good. And I have no wish to see any of my neighbors without their cloths on either. On top of that I am sure the local police would take a dim view of such activities. This can't be for real!

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Too funny! I only opened this thread to see which day I should avoid looking at other people's gardens! Not that I'm against anyone doing whatever they want as long as I don't have to look!

Too cold here still to garden without a jacket, guess those NG's must live further south! LOL

World Naked Bike Ride events on June 11 and Naked Hiking Day events on June 21 are other good days to stay home! Not sure how comfortable it would be to ride a bike without clothes. *rolleyes*

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

First of all, my neighbors think I'm crazy already.
    Secondly, my full moon fully clothed is bad enough for them to stare at all day while I'm working in the garden.
    Third, I think I would ultimately drop dead from the black flies sucking every last ounce of blood out of my body!
    Yep, count me out on this one!

• natal
    12 years ago

Sorry, there's nothing appealing about that on any level, lol. I enjoyed the occasional topless sunbathing and skinny dip when I was young, but even then I wouldn't have been interested in gardening in the buff.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL, you guys are great,thyme2dig - you win. I guess I'll decline as well. But you mean you never in your life thought about running out to the garden in the buff, at midnight or the moonlight? just for the heck of it?

The neighbors across and down the road a bit put up a nice big security light two summers ago, so it just wouldn't be discreet enough at my place anymore. hee hee

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Wouldn't want to scare the neighbor children . . .

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

It is cold here and suppose to rain again tomorrow but I wouldn't be gardening naked anyway. Gotta agree with thyme2dig. When I am gardening in the front yard I try to face the street and stand up quickly when I hear a car coming.
    Some days I feel like a Jack in the box!

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I have a friend who lived in a secluded area and gardened naked regularly. Its not for me, but she loved it.

• flora_uk
    12 years ago

Too cold and too prickly! They can't be gardening very seriously - I usually end up scratched and bloodstained even when I'm fully clothed and wearing gloves.

But if I lived in a warmer climate and it only involved lying on the lawn with a book and gin and tonic .....

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

I have been known to garden in my PJs as soon as I get up and go right outside with my coffee, so if I slept in the nude it could happen, but I think I'm too set in my ways!Now if there was a National Flannel PJ Day, Hey! I'm allll over that!!!

• ghoghunter
    12 years ago

Here ya go! In honor of World Naked Gardening Day may I present..only problem is there is something wrong with my arms and it makes gardening awful hard!
    {{gwi:679471}}From World Naked Gardening Day

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

schoolhouse, what a laugh. Try naked gardening next to some roses in my yard and you'd need a transfusion.

Now I will tell you, I wouldn't garden naked, but it would be nice, occasionally, to garden in a tee shirt and shorts. Ah well, it is amusing to see what a day can be dedicated to. thanks for the chuckle.
    kay

• ianna
    12 years ago

Hahaha... way tooo funny. Imagine little creatures climbing up to.... oh well. I would wonder what my neighbors would say.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

You mean every day isn't Naked Gardening Day?

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

OUCH!!! You got to be kidding, lol.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES