Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Congratulations! It's twins!

Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 19:05

Finally visited Napa Country Iris Gardens, which only sells iris and is only open for two short weeks when the garden beds are at their peak for viewing. The iris bloom roughly around Mother's Day, so we were there the week before. They are quite a ways out of the city of Napa, east towards Lake Beryessa - gorgeous drive!

They only had two left of "Grace Upon Grace", and both have bloomed beautifully. Now I must find the perfect spot in the garden for them! NCIG has many gorgeous irises, but this was the one that 'spoke' to me the most. My one disappointment is that I don't see the thin black edge delineating the white petals that the web catalog showed. Maybe it appears with age? I hope so. The colors are deep and saturated; they look stunning in the sunshine.

The twins:
Photobucket

And their closeups!
#1 - I debated about including this, but it really shows off the yellow beard:
Photobucket

Photobucket

and #3:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Congratulations! It's twins!

Beautiful.

o

Gorgeous!

o

truly beautiful! Congrats!

o

Very nice. I have ordered from them and I have been very happy with the irises they sent. I'll bet the place was amazing.
Renee

o

Lovely!

o

Congrats on your great buy of "Grace Upon Grace"! Truly spectacular!

o

Wow, those are gorgeous!

o

What they said! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here