Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

A few things to share..

silverkelt
11 years ago

There has been lots of stuff really, but its been raining alot and just havent felt like running out in rain to snap pictures.

Woodland Phlox, kind of in a wild part of my garden, or thats what I say it is, justifying the rampart weeds. (it is in a less visable part, dont even look out that way by windows that much. )

{{gwi:680722}}

Violas, not the johhny jump ups, but in the same family, it was like cottage blue ones or something.. honestly its just a paler version, other then that looks the same.

{{gwi:680724}}

Tulips from this year, I bought 3 of those packages from one of the breast awareness pink thingies, they were quite pretty, whatever there name was, I dont pay attention to tulip names much, as they never make it back another year for me, plant them, enjoy them, cut them for house, church ect, then pull them here.

{{gwi:311284}}

A hybrid pansy from some I planted a year or two ago.

{{gwi:427923}}

First rose of the year, Double Scots White.

{{gwi:269690}}

Annual Geranium, it spreads enough to be used as a minor ground cover each year.. I dont mind at all, interesting leaves, little blue flowers and chokes out weeds, with all the rain, wish they spread to my entire garden, lots of weeds this year.

{{gwi:680728}}

Tall Bearded Iris, I have more coming, lost the name on this one however. .

{{gwi:680879}}

Showy Ladyslipper

{{gwi:680882}}

Compost.. got to love it.

{{gwi:260423}}

Silverkelt

Comments (14)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Silverkelt! We coudn't live in two more different parts of the country; iris, tulips, pansies, are past their prime, we're hitting the 90's every day, heading toward 100's, makes gardening somewhat difficult, although we do have our own sort of beauty, and we use lots of compost/mulch too!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Such cool scenes. I like the cool immaculate white of your rose with its prim buds. And the ladyslipper, presiding over its own small realm.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

LOVE your woodland Phlox, I wish it would grow for me but it disappears every I time I plant it and... your little annual geranium is very pretty. Great pics of some lovely flowers, thanks for sharing.

Annette

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen ladyslippers growing in anyone's garden. It is quite wonderful.

Your compost is great. I am always too anxious and end up using mine all up before it is ever 'well done' like yours! There is never enough compost.
    Christine

• mytime
    11 years ago

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    11 years ago

I am so jealous of the lady's slipper, the showy one is our state flower. I used to love to find them in the ditches when I was a kid. Now days, with all the farming and chemicals farmers use, I have not seen them in ages. Some day I will buy one for my garden, I just hate to invest that kind of $$ in a plant I am not sure will survive in my garden.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Love your pictures. Every one is wonderful. I especially like the geranium and the phlox...and the iris...and the violas...and...

:)

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Columbine

{{gwi:427922}}

Showy Ladyslippers are pretty common here, well I mean in any sizable woodland plot, that has some filtered sun, you will "probably" find some. Ive thought about buying some of the yellow ones at some point.

{{gwi:675712}}

{{gwi:675713}}

Another woodland treasure that I see alot here is painted trillium,

{{gwi:675714}}

and this is the flower that got me interested in woodland flowers, eastern starflower, its spreads , blooms right about now, then goes dormant by mid june.

{{gwi:675716}}

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Pure delight! Lady Slippers growing wild. Wow. And trilliums too.
    Your garden is so different from what we have here in the hot and arid west. I really need to move.
    I love that iris. If the name occurs to you, could you please post it?
    Renee

• terrene
    11 years ago

Very pretty pics! The painted trillium is lovely. I love the woodland phlox with the pink eye. Is that a cultivar you purchased or did the plant seed that way?

• User
    11 years ago

Wow.your woodland flowers are so beautiful. When I rode last year to Maine I saw so many flowers that I had never seen in AL. It was amazing what grew by the roadside never mind the fantastic gardens. You are lucky you have the rain...5 yrs drought in AL. c

• ianna
    11 years ago

I love the lady slipper but it beats me why its named lady Slipper. Looks more like a bowing swan to me.

• lavendrfem
    11 years ago

Lovely!

• DYH
    11 years ago

I enjoyed your photos!

Cameron

Sponsored