Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you Believe it? Careful Tree Cutters

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 20:07

We had to have a huge oak tree taken down in front, and the two monsters trimmed in back,

We couldn't have heavy cutting done until winter when they are dormant, but the limbs were over my shed and headed toward utility wires, and too many over the house.

These guys trimmed a lot over my roses beds and daylilies and didn't even break a scape or a twig on any of the roses!

Talk about careful! I hugged them when they were through.,

Look at the trimmings:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The pile was about 8 feet high and about 20 feet long! And they cleaned it up when they were through, and at my request, left me a nice pile of fine mulch.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you Believe it? Careful Tree Cutters

You're very lucky, girl!! My son's company cut down my huge cedar elm in my flowerbed, and got a little damage on my found rose Maggie, and I had a pile of antique bricks, some got damaged, which did not make me happy! :(

However - as much as I hated to do this, have been happily surprised at how much everything is thriving with more sunlight. Big difference!

o

The limbs they cut were over this little rose garden and the shed next to it.

Photobucket

He was in the bucket truck, and he cut the bigger limbs in sections and took them over away from the bed. You can see the rope hanging down that they used to help maneuver the limbs. They were superb...and just past the foreground was a row of daylilies with scapes, some of which have bloomed already...he didn't break a one.
kay

o

Kay, I know just how you feel, we had a huge ornamental cherry (45 year old) at the back of our lot taken out last year. It was diseased so it had to go.
It's limbs stretched out over a fiberglas roof, a shed and a flower bed behind a low stacked rock wall. They didn't so much as bruise a leaf on a huge ligularia, the solomons seal or a single frond of the sword ferns which were also in that area, not only that they had to drag branches down a narrow winding path edged in columbine, welsh poppies, grasses and ladies mantle. Through my lathhouse down steps, through a gate to the chipper across the road. These guys were my heros worth every penny and more. We got a nice pile of wood for our fireplace out of this too :)

Annette

o

Gosh, Kay, your tree trimmers sure are fantastic guys. And your roses next to the shed will be even happier now with more light. I am glad to hear that everything went extra well!

o

I wonder if they do work in California.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here