Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a view of the back border

Posted by hurlee 6 (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 20:23

May back bed
This is a view from my patio into my backyard. When we moved in it was completely bare, no plants at all and I had no privacy from the neighbors. It is still a work in progress but we do have privacy now. :)
Photobucket
This is the pathway we made from stones from a local creek. I love how moss grew between the stones. Don't mind the view of my lovely compost bins!

Photobucket
This is a shot from my porch, you can see my neighbor's house. thanks for looking, nothing much is blooming yet.

jody

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a view of the back border

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Mon, May 31, 10 at 20:25

It all looks so lush!

o

The second picture is the one that appeals to me the most - green and serene can't be beat!

o

There is a lot of love in that garden I can feel it. Beautiful!

o

Green. We don't get to see that in this neck of the woods- er, I mean, chaparral. I love your garden in all of its green glory. Your view in the second shot is especially wonderful.
Renee

o

Hello there Ms. hurlee!

Oh, your place is fantastic! I cannot grow those plants in the sun here - they wouldn't last one day. Your hostas and all are lush and seemingly without blemish. I love those rocks and the moss.

Even the view of your neighbor's house is a lovely view beyond your garden. That would be a real pleasure for most of us.

Very welcoming garden. Love your soft lawn, too.

~Annie

o

Lucky neighbours! I hope they appreciate the beautiful 'borrowed views' and free landscaping service they're getting.

o

Isn't it amazing what some plants can do!

You have done a fantastic job with the screening.

BTW, I love your neighbor's house.

o

I sure wish I were sitting on that patio. How inviting! Very lush, verdant, and beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done!

o

What a wonderful view you've created (for yourself and your neighbors)! Great job!!

o

Very nice!! Your neighbors must enjoy such a view! :O) I love your little stone path too. I want to make one like that. ~Meghan

o

Beautiful! So green. I will echo others: you couldn't have those plants in the sun here either.

I love your path...it is beautiful too.
kay

o

I love the way you've combined all the foliage texture. The flowers will simply be icing on the cake!

o

I love the way you packed the plants, the groupings and the way you made sure it's a curving bed. The taller plants were located to create a sense of privacy and comfort.

Also the way you framed the view towards the trees. Excellent job.

o

So many shades and textures of green. Very cooling and comforting. A lovely gardenbed. You have done an exceptional job.

o

What serenity! So cool, calm, and inviting. I am in love with your garden- the wonderful scalloped edges, those lovely trees as a backdrop....Wonderful! Can't wait to see more pics as the season progresses.
Thank you for giving us a look at your fantastic garden Jody!
CMK

o

I love it. The textures and placements of the plants are stupendous. It just looks so lush.

o

Lovely . . . lush . . . tranquil . . .

Looks like a great place to live

o

Oh Hurlee, It is beautiful. This may sound odd but it makes me think of a ocean wave coming ashore. It breaths the same sense of meditation and calm. Thanks for sharing, a real inspiration.

o

gorgeous..very park like feeling....I love seeing the backs of the chairs in the pic..gives a true perspective...loved it!

o

You have a wonderful garden, I would like to know how old is it? Thanks,

o

aahhh, thanks guys! You are all so kind and gracious. I never expected so many compliments from a bed with hardly any blooming flowers(not all that cottagy at the moment!)
I have ventured to other forums but always come back to this one because everyone here is always so kind, helpful, and welcoming. people I'd love to have over for some ice tea and come plant talk. :)
thanks again. And cottagejewel, that bed is about 4 years old. I credit the growth to compost and mushroom mulch-good stuff.

jody

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here