Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hurlee

a view of the back border

hurlee
13 years ago

{{gwi:682163}}

This is a view from my patio into my backyard. When we moved in it was completely bare, no plants at all and I had no privacy from the neighbors. It is still a work in progress but we do have privacy now. :)

{{gwi:682165}}

This is the pathway we made from stones from a local creek. I love how moss grew between the stones. Don't mind the view of my lovely compost bins!

{{gwi:216027}}

This is a shot from my porch, you can see my neighbor's house. thanks for looking, nothing much is blooming yet.

jody

Comments (21)

• natal
    13 years ago

It all looks so lush!

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

The second picture is the one that appeals to me the most - green and serene can't be beat!

• cindysunshine
    13 years ago

There is a lot of love in that garden I can feel it. Beautiful!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Green. We don't get to see that in this neck of the woods- er, I mean, chaparral. I love your garden in all of its green glory. Your view in the second shot is especially wonderful.
    Renee

• Annie
    13 years ago

Hello there Ms. hurlee!

Oh, your place is fantastic! I cannot grow those plants in the sun here - they wouldn't last one day. Your hostas and all are lush and seemingly without blemish. I love those rocks and the moss.

Even the view of your neighbor's house is a lovely view beyond your garden. That would be a real pleasure for most of us.

Very welcoming garden. Love your soft lawn, too.

~Annie

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

Lucky neighbours! I hope they appreciate the beautiful 'borrowed views' and free landscaping service they're getting.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Isn't it amazing what some plants can do!

You have done a fantastic job with the screening.

BTW, I love your neighbor's house.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

I sure wish I were sitting on that patio. How inviting! Very lush, verdant, and beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done!

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

What a wonderful view you've created (for yourself and your neighbors)! Great job!!

• armyyife
    13 years ago

Very nice!! Your neighbors must enjoy such a view! :O) I love your little stone path too. I want to make one like that. ~Meghan

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Beautiful! So green. I will echo others: you couldn't have those plants in the sun here either.

I love your path...it is beautiful too.
    kay

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I love the way you've combined all the foliage texture. The flowers will simply be icing on the cake!

• ianna
    13 years ago

I love the way you packed the plants, the groupings and the way you made sure it's a curving bed. The taller plants were located to create a sense of privacy and comfort.

Also the way you framed the view towards the trees. Excellent job.

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

So many shades and textures of green. Very cooling and comforting. A lovely gardenbed. You have done an exceptional job.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

What serenity! So cool, calm, and inviting. I am in love with your garden- the wonderful scalloped edges, those lovely trees as a backdrop....Wonderful! Can't wait to see more pics as the season progresses.
    Thank you for giving us a look at your fantastic garden Jody!
    CMK

• a2zmom_Z6_NJ
    13 years ago

I love it. The textures and placements of the plants are stupendous. It just looks so lush.

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Lovely . . . lush . . . tranquil . . .

Looks like a great place to live

• wren_garden
    13 years ago

Oh Hurlee, It is beautiful. This may sound odd but it makes me think of a ocean wave coming ashore. It breaths the same sense of meditation and calm. Thanks for sharing, a real inspiration.

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

gorgeous..very park like feeling....I love seeing the backs of the chairs in the pic..gives a true perspective...loved it!

• cottagejewel
    13 years ago

You have a wonderful garden, I would like to know how old is it? Thanks,

• hurlee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

aahhh, thanks guys! You are all so kind and gracious. I never expected so many compliments from a bed with hardly any blooming flowers(not all that cottagy at the moment!)
    I have ventured to other forums but always come back to this one because everyone here is always so kind, helpful, and welcoming. people I'd love to have over for some ice tea and come plant talk. :)
    thanks again. And cottagejewel, that bed is about 4 years old. I credit the growth to compost and mushroom mulch-good stuff.

jody

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions