Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Shed is Finished!

organic_kitten
12 years ago

I am finally through painting the shed. I wanted to trim it in pink, but DH reacted strongly against that idea. I am very happy with the way it turned out.

{{gwi:682956}}

{{gwi:682957}}

kay

Comments (13)

• valree3
    12 years ago

The colors are beautiful!!! You have a great looking shed!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

That is so cute!!!!!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

WOWWWWW!!!! That looks sooooooo good! I love the green you chose. I think the pink would have been really cute, but I have to say the cream with the green is very sharp. Beautiful job!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for looking. It took 3 1/2 gallons of green to paint the shed. Then, It was really hot here, so I had to spend part of two days with the trim...which is aggravating, but not too hard. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. We had actually bought a green for the trim, and I pur it on one board and hated it, so we went back to the store and got this creamy pale yellow which is the effect I wanted.

Thyme2dig, When I told DH I wanted to trim it in pink, she sputtered (I expected that....he doesn't like pink). I reminded him it was my shed, and he reminded me it was in his yard too, so we compromised for now.

kay

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Great job. I love the way it looks. I really like the lighter trim color, it makes the entire shed look really classy. The painter did a fabulous job and I know it was a lot of work for you. Well done!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Rita,
    It was a lot of work, but I didn't want ti=o have to work around big roses, so now was the time. I have plenty more jobs that need doin, that's for sure,
    kay

• thinman
    12 years ago

Very nice shed, and I'm liking the color scheme too. It's satisfying to work on something like that, but I'm sure you're glad it's done. On to other projects ...

ThinMan

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

The colors remind me of a hosta. Very fitting in the garden, I really like it.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for looking,

Thinman, you are so right, there are always projects.

Schoolhouse, I will probably actually plant some hostas on the left front...they are already planted on the side with the azaleas.
    kay

• daffodillady
    12 years ago

Very nice!! Schoolhouse is right, it reminds me of hostas too. Didn't you put some varigated ones on the west/left side? It would be fun to do a shed like that surrounded in variagated hydrangeas (-;

Here is a link that might be useful:

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    12 years ago

That's a very similar color to what I used on my shed last year (although I think I like the color of yours better... :-) The trim on mine is a paler shade of the same green. I arrived at that color by looking at the coloring on evergreens - the top and leading edges are always a brighter/lighter shade of green - both because that's where new growth occurs and also because that's where the light strikes and bounces off. Try using a photoshop/paint program to explore what it would look like using a lighter green on the top and corner trims and a darker shade of green on the door trim (since the center of an evergreen is darker because it is shaded). Keeping the colors to shades of that nice green will make the shed a great backdrop for more colorful plantings - the shed won't 'fight' the plants for attention; instead it'll be like a classic green hedge used to display and highlight the plantings around it.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

woodyoak,
    thanks for looking and commenting,

Yep that was my intention, greens, but when I painted the first trim board the lighter green, I hated it! So, off to the store.
    I love the way the shed turned out, it was the effect I wanted...and if fights for attention? That's fine too....different strokes and so forth.
    kay

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

It's beautiful Kay! When your garden grows up around it, in the years to come, it will be grounded into the landscape. These things always take time. Your hard work is showing!!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio