Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

A couple pics (I lied! twenty one pics of my garden ;-)

Well I went crazy the other day and took a ton of pics, LOL. It is a funny year, one of the coldest on record as a matter of fact. Just about a week ago there were even a few snowflakes!! Things seem to be emerging much later than they would in a 'normal' year. Overall garden is pretty dull looking right now, so I only took up close shots of the few things that are up:

{{gwi:683130}}

{{gwi:683133}}

{{gwi:683135}}

{{gwi:683137}}

{{gwi:683138}}

{{gwi:683139}}

{{gwi:683140}}

{{gwi:683141}}

{{gwi:683142}}

{{gwi:683143}}

{{gwi:683145}}

{{gwi:683147}}

{{gwi:683149}}

Please don't look at the mess in the back! ;-D

{{gwi:683151}}

reseeded pansies

{{gwi:683152}}

And last but not least... Bellis perennis. Started from seed Carrie B. sent me last fall! ;-)

There are more, but I am sure by now you are sick of pictures after all of those, LOL!

Thanks for looking!

CMK

Comments (15)

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

CMK- I would definitely like to see more pictures! Your garden is beautiful :)

It is a very late spring this year, but you still have lots more flowers that I've seen out here. What's the little blue/lavender flower in the sixth picture? Are those geraniums in the seventh picture? Very pretty!

• spogarden
    12 years ago

Very pretty, I love seeing other peoples garden, you have way more blooming than I do. I have one bleeding heart close to the patio that is up and blooming all of a sudden. My leopards bane is barely out, no blooms.

I love the river rock, do you want more? I also just noticed I have a ton of grape Hyacinth, they are pretty but taking over, if you would like some let me know, you dig.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Lovely. Great tulips, primroses and pansies.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

You have primroses too! I love primroses and cannot grow them here. post more.
    kay

• Cher
    12 years ago

Lovely photos. You have some great things going on there right now. Way more than I do and I love seeing all the photos, so put them up when you have them.
    Cher

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I like the variety of color and textures.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

What a wide variety of primroses you have! Lovely! And they are all so different. REally enjoyed the show.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS!!!!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Just what I needed, love your use of color and texture, great pics. I spent the day yesterday cutting back most of my Clematis, this past winter did all the top growth on most of them in, they are coming back from the root, at least most of them. That early freeze last fall did a lot of damage the plants weren't ready :(.

Annette

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks much guys!

-LL, that is a blue(ish) "Glory of the Snow", Chionodoxa forbesii. I looked it up and it is hardy in zone 4, maybe 3. They would look fantastic in your fairy garden area!! How are your daffs doing?

-Hey Spogarden! I think I am good on both of those, but thanks so much for asking! You may already know this, but the big Plant Expo at the Spokane Community College is on the 14th.

Didn't know I had QUITE so many primroses until I started taking all of these pics! Got some of the double ones on a sale rack for a buck each a few years ago. Then when the stores put the no longer blooming plants on the sale rack I tend to snap up a few!

Thanks for looking ;-)
    CMK

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Great shots! I love the primrose paired with the fresh spiraea foliage (that is spiraea right?) in the 3rd photo. 7th photo some sort of blue anemone? Do tell! I love it! You have such a great variety of spring blooming plants in your garden.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Lovely!!! TFS

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    Original Author
    12 years ago

-Susan, that is Anemeone nemorosa! It is ephemeral and goes dormant sometime after it blooms. I find that a nice habit though, since it can easily be tucked inbetween late risers in the shade garden.
    CMK

• spogarden
    12 years ago

Yes I am a member of TIEG, the group that puts the expo on at SCC. I like that the expo is free, the campus is really nice. There will be a ton of vendors this year. I am supposed to be working the plant sale booth for them in the afternoon, stop by and say 'hi'. If you are looking for a fun group to join, we meet the first Thursday of the month. Jeannie

• newbiehavinfun
    12 years ago

Wow! I love the variety of spring flowering perennials you have! I wonder if spring lasts a bit longer for you in zone 5 than it does here in zone 7; I feel like if you blink, you miss it. And I bet you are able to plant some beautiful lupines and delphiniums there! Thanks so much for sharing your photos!

Sponsored