Romantica and Ashva:
Photobucket

Rebecca:
Rebecca

Huldine:
Huldine in B Pear Tree

Rugoochui:

Photobucket

I love clematis and I have several that are too young or just aren't blooming yet.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Young Clematis Blooming

Your clematis are wonderful :-))

I love the way you have the Viola Venosa growing up the dead tree trunk, it really, really looks good. I have Viola Venosa vitticella myself (planted last spring) but mine has never bloomed yet. Hopefully this year.

All the others are quite pretty too but I truely love the Rebecca. It is so RED.

o

Thank you Rita,
Every bloom on Rebecca has been that wonderful, bright red. It looks just like the color on the screen. I had trimmed HG Young back this year, so he is slower to bloom, but he is covered in buds now. He is my oldie.

Romatika and Askva were new from Silver Star last fall. I have a third clematis planted there, and I am hoping for bloom soon, but who knows. The Pink Champagne hasn't started blooming yet and I have another one that I pinched back hard since it looked as if it had overgrown itself. I think Nelly Moser is about to bloom too.

That Rugoochi is a blooming machine. They blooms are the little dark blue bells, but there are so many of them!

I had that VVV in a pot until last fall, and had had a few blooms along. This spring it has really started to bloom. I love it on the tree too. I hoped it would do well, and I like it. I have another clematis on the other side of the tree that I am going to move to the new areas of the rose garden since it is just sitting there.

I do love the clematis.
kay

o

Some critter dug up some of my clematis over the winter. But the Viola Venosa I have almost died over the winter, now it is just one spindly tiny vine. I should have ordered another this spring. But maybe since the roots are there it will perk up. My others from Silver Star are doing great this spring.

It is too early for my clems to bloom yet but I have lots of buds.

o

If you have buds, it won't be very long. I love your clematis tower.

kay

o

I just ordered one like your last one except it is pink "Etoile Rose". Love the bell shape and I don't have one like it. My Henry clematis is blooming right now - beautiful big white blooms. I have a purple-ish one (a red purple, not a blue purple) that I need to identify so I can see which pruning group it is in. It is also blooming right now.

Yours are beautiful! I love clematis.

tina

o

Tina,

I have wanted a Henri forever! I think I will order one to put on the fence in the front side of the house.

kay

o

So pretty! I especially love the first pic using the tree. TFS

o

Thank you Luckygal,
That is the reason I kept that dead dogwood trunk. I thought it would add character and be a base for a clematis, and I am very happy with it.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here