Romantica and Ashva:

{{gwi:683599}}

Rebecca:

{{gwi:683600}}

Huldine:

{{gwi:683601}}

Rugoochui:

{{gwi:683603}}

I love clematis and I have several that are too young or just aren't blooming yet.

kay

Comments (8)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Your clematis are wonderful :-))

I love the way you have the Viola Venosa growing up the dead tree trunk, it really, really looks good. I have Viola Venosa vitticella myself (planted last spring) but mine has never bloomed yet. Hopefully this year.

All the others are quite pretty too but I truely love the Rebecca. It is so RED.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Rita,
    Every bloom on Rebecca has been that wonderful, bright red. It looks just like the color on the screen. I had trimmed HG Young back this year, so he is slower to bloom, but he is covered in buds now. He is my oldie.

Romatika and Askva were new from Silver Star last fall. I have a third clematis planted there, and I am hoping for bloom soon, but who knows. The Pink Champagne hasn't started blooming yet and I have another one that I pinched back hard since it looked as if it had overgrown itself. I think Nelly Moser is about to bloom too.

That Rugoochi is a blooming machine. They blooms are the little dark blue bells, but there are so many of them!

I had that VVV in a pot until last fall, and had had a few blooms along. This spring it has really started to bloom. I love it on the tree too. I hoped it would do well, and I like it. I have another clematis on the other side of the tree that I am going to move to the new areas of the rose garden since it is just sitting there.

I do love the clematis.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Some critter dug up some of my clematis over the winter. But the Viola Venosa I have almost died over the winter, now it is just one spindly tiny vine. I should have ordered another this spring. But maybe since the roots are there it will perk up. My others from Silver Star are doing great this spring.

It is too early for my clems to bloom yet but I have lots of buds.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

If you have buds, it won't be very long. I love your clematis tower.

kay

• tinam61
    12 years ago

I just ordered one like your last one except it is pink "Etoile Rose". Love the bell shape and I don't have one like it. My Henry clematis is blooming right now - beautiful big white blooms. I have a purple-ish one (a red purple, not a blue purple) that I need to identify so I can see which pruning group it is in. It is also blooming right now.

Yours are beautiful! I love clematis.

tina

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tina,

I have wanted a Henri forever! I think I will order one to put on the fence in the front side of the house.

kay

• luckygal
    12 years ago

So pretty! I especially love the first pic using the tree. TFS

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Luckygal,
    That is the reason I kept that dead dogwood trunk. I thought it would add character and be a base for a clematis, and I am very happy with it.
    kay

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville