Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Dancin' with Weeds

Yes this is the name I gave my garden, some people name their cottages I named my garden. I took a few pictures tonight and thought I'd share.

{{gwi:684472}}
Rhodo Warlock

{{gwi:684473}}
Clema1tis Moonlight

{{gwi:684474}}
Crested Gentian

{{gwi:684475}}
Clematis Westerplatte

{{gwi:684476}}
Rhodo Edwin O. Weber

{{gwi:684477}}
Part of my weed patch

Annette

Comments (19)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, Annette! Our conditions here in Texas are so different and seem so harsh compared to yours, we're in the 90's already, headed to the 100's. That just seems so calm and serene, just love the pics...
    I can just imagine cool mornings and beautiful afternoons. Thank you!

• Merilia
    11 years ago

Very pretty. The coloration on that Edwin O. Weber rhododendron reminds me of alstroemeria.

• ghoghunter
    11 years ago

Lovely!! So serene and relaxing and beautiful!

• gardenweed_z6a
    11 years ago

Clever name. Idyllic, serene & peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

• mytime
    11 years ago

I love the name! And your pics...you some gorgeous plants!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

I am so jealous of your clematis. I think they always look so pretty, but I have no luck. Even the weed (?) patch looks beautiful. Where are the weeds????

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

I see you have Meconopsis cambrica - practically a weed for me too but I still love that shade of yellow and it is so hardy and obliging I just let it do its thing. Plus the Alchemilla and ferns. Looks like you have very similar conditions to me. Lovely garden.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing these photos- these are plants I dream about growing. Can you post more pics of your yellow-flowering tree for me? I am in love!
    Renee

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ogrose ~ calm and serene LOL, behind our back fence a few feet away there's a four lane highway but after living here 47 years we're used to it. I don't envy your temps, we're in the low 70's and that's hot enough for me, when it gets over 75 I start whining and hide in the house. Right now the garden is full of scent from the Azaleas, Wisteria, the Lilacs next door and my Clematis Montana wilsonii is just starting to bloom, this one has the scent of chocolate. I love sitting out in the evening this time of year with a cup of coffee or.... :).

Merilia ~ Edwin O. is one of my favorites.

ghoghunter ~ thanks, my garden wasn't planned it just evolved over the years into what it is today.

gardenweed ~ I love your name too, to bad it's taken fits me to a tee :).

mytime ~ thanks, it's good to look at my garden through others eyes, looking around when I'm out there digging or weeding I think to myself what an unholy mess this is getting to be.

Cyn ~ I'm such a clever gal, I have figured out what angle to take the photo so the weeds just don't show :).

Flora ~ I came home from a plant sale with just one Welsh Poppy, now I have them scattered all over the garden, the same thing with the Alchemilla and Columbine. I just pull where I don't want them, other than that I let them do their own thing. I do believe we have similar climates although I think our winters are harsher than yours.

Renee ~ I guess we all dream about what we can't grow, it's Jacaranda and.... and.... and... with me. The yellow flowering tree is a Laburnum, "Golden Chain Tree" unfortunately all parts of it are poisonous. I grew this from a seedling, here's another picture

{{gwi:684478}}

Annette

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Annette, I don't have much time for browsing but so glad I took time so come over here tonight. BTW, your title made me smile. I call mine 'Garden of Weedin'.LOL

Everything is gorgeous lady. Looks like you do alot of Dancin' out there!

Punk

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    11 years ago

Annette, I always enjoy when you post pictures of your garden. You posted a picture of phuopsis a couple years ago and I fell in love with it. CMK scored some seeds and now I have it blooming in my garden! It was pretty easy to start indoors from seed last year and this year it flowered. Thanks for continuing to share photos with us.

• sierra_z2b
    11 years ago

Annette your garden is beautiful. The colour of the first rhodo is amazing.

I really was dancing with the weeds this weekend. LOL The silence fell and I had the opportunity. There really were them there plants under dere....some with buds even. :)

Sierra

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Sierra, I didn't get any pics of the dwarf iris I received from one very generous friend but the show was amazing this year. I still have a lot of TB's heeled in waiting for their permanent home but they all look healthy and most are going to bloom :).
    The rhodo 'Warlock' is actually darker then the picture shows closer to the pic in the link below, also the color changes with the amount of light it's given. I first saw a picture of this on the North West forum and you know me I HAD to have it after seeing it.

Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Warlock

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

Those rhody's are to die for!!!

• on_greenthumb
    11 years ago

Love the pics - I named my garden too. It's the "Garden of Weedin'".....LOL

• DYH
    11 years ago

Love that rhodie and the clematis...and..and..and...everything is beautiful in your garden! What weeds?

Cameron

• User
    11 years ago

Any chance I can ride by your splendid garden ???? Will be in the neighborhood this weekend ! Staying on Keats St. Other friend lives by Buchart Gardens. your pics are beautiful Annette ! c

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Thank you. What a beautiful tree it is.

• ianna
    11 years ago

That is the white clematis I've been looking for but I just didn't know the name. Thank you for sharing. LOVE your weed garden LOL.

I should name my garden too... but what to name it. hmmm need ideas.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21