Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_lu_gw

Now the roses are in full bloom!

mary_lu_gw
11 years ago

Wow, what a year! Everything is blooming so early! Actually seems like all at once. Spring blooms as well as early summer blooms almost at the same time.

Took these pictures tonight after work, so not the greatest light as it was very sunny. But thought you might enjoy. Also didn't take many shots in the garden room as we are trying to finish up the painting on the house and ladders are sitting everywhere. Some minimal damage to flowers, but can't be helped. Maybe later this week I can get some good shots when I am not working.

These are the roses on the corner. In full late afternoon sun light, so it was hard to capture the dark orange/red color of the blooms. The whiskey barrel was planted later this evening and the pot sitting on top has disappeared. Sorry about that! But when I down loaded the picture and realized how it looked, it was too dark to take a new one. :-(

{{gwi:685127}}

Roses along the sidewalk. Just love these guys. They bloom well all summer and no "bare legs". Blooms right to the ground. The color is hard to capture, as the blooms are quite dark when they first open but then lighten. The bush looks almost multi-colored.

{{gwi:321946}}

The round bed in the middle of the back yard. So loaded that the canes are bending under the weight of the blooms.

{{gwi:685128}}

The garden room. You can see DH busy painting!

{{gwi:685129}}

Roses on the screened porch. Didn't do a full shot as I had started drastically cutting them back so that we could paint behind them. But...a cardinal nested in the rose, so couldn't do any more cutting back. So now the shape looks horrible, but the canes left sure are putting out the blooms!

{{gwi:685130}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services