Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylilies and More Cottage Garden

Posted by sweetannie4u midOK_z6b/7a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 2:55

Patio Garden - you can see how the rain beat some of the flowers over onto the garden path. I have to pull them up and try to stake them or something. They never look right after doing that though - Daylily (right front): Crimson Pirate Image and video hosting by TinyPic Old-Fashioned Orange Daylilies towering in the back

Same Crimson Pirate Daylilies looking the other way towards the Rose Garden
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic As viewed from Rose Garden arbor way

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Rose Garden - Several kinds of Phlox, Roses, & Echinaceas, Agastache, Daylilies, lots of Lavender Province, Queen Anne's Lace, Liatris, Larkspurs, Magenta Bee Balm, Garlic, Leeks, Parsley, Sedums, Thoroughwort (a white-flowering relative of Joe Pye Weed), White Star Hardy Hibiscus, 2 kinds of Coreopsis, Dianthus, Lilies, Purple Beautyberry, Cream California Poppies, Tomatoes, Hollyhocks, Queen Cleomes, Blue Harebells, Rose Campion, Black-eyed Susans, Cannas, Black and Blue Salvia, Lady in Red Salvia, Creeping Thyme, Pentas, Periwinkles, Fernleaf Dill, Mammoth Dill, Hardy Hill Rosemary, Yellow Primulas, Rose Queen Sage, May Night Salvia, Verbena bonariensis, Gladiolas, Flannel-leaf Mullein, and more.

Below the Rose Garden are Blueberries and you can see the Compost pile Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Tiffany

Liatris spicata Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Old-fashioned Wild Orange Daylily

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daylilies under Don Juan Rose

Beautiful Butterfly on Butterfly Bush with Tasha Tudor's pink Hollyhock behind them Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tasha's Hollyhocks with Doppelganger Coneflowers in Statue Garden - white Iceberg Roses behind statueImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Apocalypse Now and Peaches and Dreams HH that fell over after the rains After I took this, it got righted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic One of my pretty Shubunkin fish in the lilypond

View of Patio Garden from the Lilypond. Foreground: Yellow Water Iris plant, Blue Bedder Salvia, Black & Blue Salvia, & Orange Daylily

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Phlox, David - first to bloom

~Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylilies and More Cottage Garden

BEAUTIFUL Annie!!! Wow, so much to see. I wish I could have a garden tour in person.

Carrie

o

Definitely says cottage to me! It looks like a place you can be quite comfortable in while enjoying the bright colors and sights. I love the "aged" look of the garden, lots of volunteers and seedlings weaving through, making new magic.

Those pink hollyhocks are just lovely, and the black and blue salvia practically glows it's so blue. I'd like to see more of that twig arbor that is just peeking out in the photo.

o

Those are beautiful pictures! The hollyhocks are so pretty. I especially like your picture with the hollyhock and statue. Even seeing all your previous posts/pictures I never knew you had a pond! That is fantastic!

o

delightful pictures - I certainly hope you have some seating areas so you can enjoy each setting. Thanks so much for sharing your garden with us .....

Lynne

o

just beautiful! a true cottage garden-
love the holly hocks, day lilys and roses
thanks for sharing
Linda

o

A feast as usual. I like the fish, too!

o

• Posted by lisa33 Zone 6b PA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 12:11

Truly...a feast, as schoolhouse said. Thank you for posting these!!

Lisa

o

So very pretty and it definitely makes me want an 'in person' tour. It all looks so lovely. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here